How to disable Blizzard's Real ID

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
This is a very quick How-To on disabling the RealID function in game.

If you are not aware, if you have RealID enabled, an addon or scripts can grab your RealID info. Disabling RealID stops this from happening.

1. Go to https://us.battle.net/login/login.xml and log in.
2 . Under Manage My Games, click on the Parental Controls link.

If you HAVE Parental Controls already enabled, skip down to #9, otherwise:

3. Click the "No - Set up Parental Controls Now" button.
4. Enter your Battle.Net login under "Child's Battle.net Account Name"
5. Enter your Battle.Net password under "Child's Battle.net Account Password"
6. Enter your Battle.Net email under "Parent's Email Address" and "Confirm Parent's Email Address".
7. Click on "Set Up Parental Controls"
8. You will get an email verification with a link in it to complete the setup. Click the link.

9. Go to the link that was provided in your Parental Controls email.
10. Make sure the "Enabled RealID" checkbox is NOT checked.
11. Click "Save Settings"

Congratulations, RealID is now disabled for your Battle.Net account for in-game access.
Source: HowTo: Disable RealID

Ok, so just curious for clarification. Does that mean you can't post in the forums because you are "underage" in the system?

Yes, and would it be lieing if you are not a child? As a Christian are we ok with that? Unlike Liberty U I am not fond of lieing.

Yes, and would it be lieing if you are not a child? As a Christian are we ok with that? Unlike Liberty U I am not fond of lieing.

I have to admit, I do this ALL the time. Look at those "age checks" for video games in steam where they ask you your birthday. Do you put in your REAL BIRTHDAY? LOL I just scroll to the nearest low year so I can get to the game page.

So is aberration of data a bad thing to a corporation? If you want to get biblical we could pull up Abraham and his lying about Sarah as his sister. Why did he do it? God allowed Abraham and his family to be blessed through that lie. I think he did it to protect his family.

I have always wondered about the commandment that says "not to bear false witness AGAINST your neighbor", but does that mean lying about your birthday? Food for thought.

Lying is inherently a bad thing, no matter what way you swing it. You can lie to get good, and the good can outweigh the bad, but you still did a bad thing. That's my opinion at least.

as for putting on parental controls? if you want to do it, you should have every right to, whether you have a child or not.

I don't see any moral issue in disabling Real ID. I think it's silly we have to use such a roundabout method to do so, but that fault rests with Blizzard and not the user. Give users a straightforward "Enable Real ID" checkbox on the main Battle.net account management page and we wouldn't need to jump through these hoops.

I don't see any moral issue in disabling Real ID. I think it's silly we have to use such a roundabout method to do so, but that fault rests with Blizzard and not the user. Give users a straightforward "Enable Real ID" checkbox on the main Battle.net account management page and we wouldn't need to jump through these hoops.

I agree

Back