Hows the grind like?

silverleaf

According to Sankaku Complex, there is some kind of proposed fatigue system. This actually raises some hope in me, as usually short fatigue systems mean less grindy. However, knowing FF, I am probably wrong. They could very well expect us to play for 3 years to get to level cap.

Anyone has any thoughts on this, or is this one of the endless leveling treadmills where there is not much of an 'endgame' planned anyway?

Dunno, but to me leveling seems pointless if there isn't an end in sight.

One more question, anyone knows anything about the fatigue system? According to sankaku again, there were rumors of 50% by 1 hour, 25% by 2 hours. However, despite these systems allegedly in place in the tester clients, the developers shot it down saying its rubbish. As for me this is very relevant as I can't play every day, but in spurts.

Thanks folks :p

According to Sankaku Complex, there is some kind of proposed fatigue system. This actually raises some hope in me, as usually short fatigue systems mean less grindy. However, knowing FF, I am probably wrong. They could very well expect us to play for 3 years to get to level cap.

Anyone has any thoughts on this, or is this one of the endless leveling treadmills where there is not much of an 'endgame' planned anyway?

Dunno, but to me leveling seems pointless if there isn't an end in sight.

One more question, anyone knows anything about the fatigue system? According to sankaku again, there were rumors of 50% by 1 hour, 25% by 2 hours. However, despite these systems allegedly in place in the tester clients, the developers shot it down saying its rubbish. As for me this is very relevant as I can't play every day, but in spurts.

Thanks folks :p

The fatigue system kinda takes forever to kick in and in the Open Beta only a very few have seen it... It kicks in after 8 hours of continual EXP gain on one class...and resets after a week...and heals when you are doing stuff that is not gaining EXP...

This is not WoW...you are not playing for the end...but you are playing for the journey...however...the game will have a very in dept story, just like all FF games, and the game will pretty much revolve around that story... FFXI didn't have an "endgame" for like 2 years...but it was okay...because every 3 months or so they added 100s of hours on to the story...and nice new awesome fun features...

Currently in the OB there is a LOT of grinding...which will change on release due to the fact the game is locked down to about 15% and we don't really have much access to the story...let alone some major features...

Also...one thing to keep in mind is that your character can switch classes and you can "create your own class" by using abilities from different classes... (ex. Level Gladiator, Conjurer, and Marauder; and make a Paladin of sorts)...

The need of a endgame in FFXIV is not there...since again...the game is about the story and the journey...we probably won't even get to the end of the story for 8 to 10 years to come...but that doesn't mean you will be bored and have nothing to do...The story will go for a long time...that is the point of an FF Online game...

Even with nothing much to do but grind in the open beta...the game is still a lot of fun...more fun than any MMORPG I have played...and I have played over 50 in the last 12 years...

Last edited:
Back