I am legend

|CoR|Braveheart

Ok, i just saw I am Legend with will smith opening night...oh my gosh that was one of the best movies i have ever seen. it is by far in my list of most favorite movies. but be warned...if you get scared easily please don't see this movie...it made my little brother start to cry and he almost barfed:eek:

From one commercial alone I could tell that the movie was a remake of the previous movies "The Last Man on Earth" and "The Omega Man" (verified afterwards with google). I still have not seen the movie nor do I plan too because I am certain of what I will get, a special effects jazzed up version of the other movies, neither of which I enjoyed, but, were probably better in acting. Honestly my batting average on this type of guessing is 99% please Hollywood give me some originality and decent character acting/development -_-.

im gonna see it with my folks in a bit, tell u guys when i get back how good/bad it is. im looking forward to it though.

From one commercial alone I could tell that the movie was a remake of the previous movies "The Last Man on Earth" and "The Omega Man" (verified afterwards with google). I still have not seen the movie nor do I plan too because I am certain of what I will get, a special effects jazzed up version of the other movies, neither of which I enjoyed, but, were probably better in acting. Honestly my batting average on this type of guessing is 99% please Hollywood give me some originality and decent character acting/development -_-.

The sad thing is remakes are often better then the "original" content that comes out these days. Sadly most people only make movies these days to make money. Most of the movies SUCK that are coming out now. I would rather curl up in a ball and read a book then go to most of the junk coming out nowadays.

Ok so:

I loved it. there were no continuety errors, the character was a perfectionist from start to finish, there was character development, the filming style was appropriate to throw people off balance without realizing it (well most people), there was little language and was in appropriate times, no sexual content.

A+ - it had everything a movie should be

Ok so:

I loved it. there were no continuety errors, the character was a perfectionist from start to finish, there was character development, the filming style was appropriate to throw people off balance without realizing it (well most people), there was little language and was in appropriate times, no sexual content.

A+ - it had everything a movie should be

Yep, and did you notice that there was pretty much no cuss words? i mean i don't think there was a "Heck"...which is a nice thing to see along with the fact that there was no sexual content as you said.

Yep, and did you notice that there was pretty much no cuss words? i mean i don't think there was a "Heck"...which is a nice thing to see along with the fact that there was no sexual content as you said.

I think most companies think: "Our movie sucks, lets throw in a random sex scene!". It is plain dumb.

Because we all know "heck" is such a terrible word. My grandmother blushes and leaves the room when someone says it.

will smith seems to make decent movies, laguage/sexual wise.

my brother wants to see it rlly bad so im sure ill be seeing it soon, looks rlly good.

I just saw it... wow.

The acting was very well done. Character development astonishing when compared to some of the movies coming out nowadays. The story is simply breathtaking and leaves you on the edge of your seat. I am still uneasy about the whole movie, it is plain scary.

Below are some thoughts that will likely spoil the movie so don't read it if you havent watched it.

The entire thing is pretty sound scientifically. They can't go into ultraviolet rays because they don't produce any pigmentation. The scariest part was about the virus being modified to "cure" cancer. Scientists are doing similar studies today and it wouldn't be surprising if this DID happen, but probably not to as dramatic a scale.

The movie did an excellent job of building up a characters such that you were saddened immensely when the dog was killed and eventually the colonel.

The most horrifying part was the notion that human characteristics had been broken down. Yet when he snatched the (im guessing) wife of the male he comes after them as a coordinated army. When confronted with searing lights they climb up and topple them down. When one finally gains entrance he finishes a hole through which they can more easily come. When in the lab the husband forces them out of the way and they step aside to allow him to either revenge himself or re secure his wife.

The flashbacks are well placed and reveal of the horror that has befallen him. The strong tone of the helicopter seems to be a forbearing of doom to come and eventually is fulfilled in one of the most horrifying manners.

Through and through the film is an excellent tragedy that fills the viewer with hope as they see the gate. The camera was especially good at the end as it filled you with uncertainty then tossed aside your fears and filled you with hope.

Here is a link to the first movie version of it

For those who wish to compare this is a link to the 1964 Vincent Price version "The Last Man on Earth" http://www.archive.org/details/the-last-man-on-earth That site is a legal download site of copyright expired movies. I suggest you actually download the movie so you can see it full screen rather than in the web page embedded window. I'm rather interested to see if anyone can evaluate a black and white movie without being bigoted towards special effects and high end production values. For my opinion the Vincent Price movie was mediocre except I didn't like the ending
(sorry I like happy endings).
Still I don't think the modern version would be any better except in terms of special effects and production values.

The remake "Omega Man" was absolutely horrible though. Mainly because I had to watch Charlton Heston, who is a great actor, be put though the horrible thing.

Last edited:
I have to agree Atown and vibrokatana's reviews -- it was definitely an excellent movie. I think the Infected could've been a little creepier... they seemed to loose their "it" factor partway through, but otherwise it was really great.

I have to agree Atown and vibrokatana's reviews -- it was definitely an excellent movie. I think the Infected could've been a little creepier... they seemed to loose their "it" factor partway through, but otherwise it was really great.

Nah, i like how they started to act human and you could almost see what they might have looked like as a human. i think that made it creepier then just some big zombie guy (think HL1).

Back