I got a WII

Avesther

Yeah..I caught up to 3 years ago. Stores are finally able to keep a few in stock for a few weeks. Picked up Tiger 2010 with the new WII motion plus and it is amazing. Better then the click to start, click to end back stroke, click to hit the ball!!! I am actually tired.

Picked up Tiger 2010 with the new WII motion plus and it is amazing. Better then the click to start, click to end back stroke, click to hit the ball!!! I am actually tired.
My arm was sore after playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 after about half an hour. I don't care for golf (some of the game requires patience, money, and long delays between action--the same reasons I lost interest in World of WarCraft), but I imagine for someone that liked golf, Tiger 2010 for the Wii is the pinnacle of golf video games. Even I thought it was kinda fun.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wii! And don't listen to the haters who say there aren't any good games for the Wii. If you need any suggestions for new game selections, just post here and I'm sure other Wii owners (myself included) can help you find a game you'll like.

I love golf....Get Outside, Lotsa Fun (my own acronym). And I found Tiger Woods 2010 really picked up my own nuances in real games. Like always finding the rough, drives that don't reach fairways and water hazards are always in play, even when they aren't. The only thing missing in the game is the friends and a few drinks, which is easily (and for the better) fixed by inviting the friends I normally golf with over.

When it comes to the WII, personally, I'll be looking for games the closely simulate (as best as one can) real life in their application. I think a baseball game that makes use of the WII motion plus sensor would be up my alley.

I think a baseball game that makes use of the WII motion plus sensor would be up my alley.
The closest you'll find, at least for the time being, is Wii Sports Resort.

EDIT: D'oh, my bad. I read "basketball" instead of baseball. There's no baseball in Wii Sports Resort, unfortunately. Maybe EA will make a decent baseball game for the Wii that features MotionPlus controls...but I have my doubts.

I'm hoping third-party developers for the Wii grow a spine and start creating games that make good use of the MotionPlus controls (instead of just rehashing shoddy mini-game compilations).

And before someone goes and says, "Well, Wii Sports Resort is a compilation of mini-games," to them I answer, "Yes, but those mini-games are awesome."

I'll be picking up a wii when I can afford to... I could use some recommendations on good games to pick up... Just throw random stuff at me anything you enjoyed, I don't know what to be looking for genre wise

I'll be picking up a wii when I can afford to... I could use some recommendations on good games to pick up... Just throw random stuff at me anything you enjoyed, I don't know what to be looking for genre wise
Here's a quick list of what I own and would recommend to others, along with what I paid for them:
  • Boom Blox. $20 shipped
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Received as a gift from Elihu; would have bought it otherwise
  • Mario Kart Wii. $50
  • Okami. $15, easily worth twice that
  • Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. $25, using $25 Toys R Us gift received with purchase of Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy. $50, but came with $25 Toys R Us gift card
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Free as a gift from a Tribe of Judah member
  • Wii Fit. $50, using a $20 and a $25 Best Buy Rewards certificate
  • Wii Play. $12, purchased from Wii owner separate from remote; would only recommend if you need a second remote
  • Zack & Wiki. $7
Wow. I'm realizing I've gotten a lot of really great deals on Wii games.

Here's a short list of top recommendations of games I don't own but have played:
  • Battalion Wars II
  • Boom Blox Bash Party
  • The Conduit
  • de Blob
  • EA Sports Active: Personal Trainer (if you're looking for an exergaming title)
  • Elebits
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
  • Klonoa
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (but buy Metroid Prime Trilogy instead; it's a much better value)
  • The Munchables
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
  • Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip (if you own the Wii Balance Board)
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 (if you like golf)
  • Trivial Pursuit
  • Wario Land: Shake It! (short game; rent it, don't buy it)
  • Wii Sports Resort
Recent and upcoming game releases I've been keeping an eye on:
  • A Boy and His Blob
  • Fragile
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  • Oboro Muramasa
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Monster Hunter 3
  • Rabbids Go Home
  • Red Steel 2
  • Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
  • Sin & Punishment 2
  • Spyborgs
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Tatsunoko v. Capcom
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up
  • Wii Fit Plus
Note that this list doesn't cover WiiWare or Virtual Console.

oh sorry I forgot about this thread. I've heard mixed things about the conduit but I'm interested in it (when/if I pick up a wii).

oh sorry I forgot about this thread. I've heard mixed things about the conduit but I'm interested in it (when/if I pick up a wii).
I played through the single-player campaign and it's about as generic as you've likely read in reviews. It's still fun, though. I don't know why people slammed the story in a first-person shooter. Doom 2 barely had a story to stitch things together and no one complained then.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I've read that it's pretty good. Not amazing, not terrible, but pretty good.

If you enjoyed Metroid Prime 3: Corruption or if you like first-person shooters with solid controls, if you see it on sale, and if you have the expendable income to not feel the sting of spending $40 on a console game, I'd recommend picking it up.

expendable income? Not too often at this point in time :p Thanks Tek - I'll probably be sticking with my xbox for the time being :eek:

My secretary watched this video and went and picked herself up a copy of it, because she couldn't believe that a game would receive such a, hmmm, review.

Speaking of the Wii: Spyborgs and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up come out this Tuesday (Sept. 22)! w00t!

ROFL!! that video was funny

Can't you just hear his total disappointment with the game right at the end. You can almost imagine some poor soul giving themselves a root canal without any Novocaine and a big black and decker drill because it would be so much more fun.

Back