I need your prayer please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armethous

I would like to ask you all to pray for me. I feel that over the past few months that I have backslidden in my walk with God. While my wife was pregnant we got into the habbit of not attending Sunday school. Next we stopped going to AM services and then church all togeather. As I sat here last night it dawned on me that I have less peace in my life and that old habbits were trying to come back.
Thankfully I haven't picked up any of these habbits again but I can tell you there is the temptaion. Thankfully I haven't picked this habit back up. Please be in prayer for me as I seek to strengthen my walk with God. I also have one other request. I really need someone to (for lack of a better word) mentor me. What I mean is someone to help to motivate me to deepen my faith. My wife and I encourage each other but it would help me to have a friend to encourage and guide me as well. If you would be willing to help with this please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

*topic has been moved to prayer requests*

My thoughts will be with you certainly m8. Should you want to discuss this with any of the CGA mentors then please feel free to contact any of us at any time. You can find all our info in a related forum here.

Hey Armenthos i will definatly keep you in my prayers, my wife and I are kinda going through the same type of backslide. the thing that is pulling us down is us both working full time retail, and the bad habbits that niether of us have been able to hand over to God yet.

God Bless and Strengthen you
Rand NobleBlade
Paladin

I'm just a kid...nothing much here. Not excellent at the defense or the appreciation or the furthering of the Christian faith...but if you need me, you can always click that little PM button...I'm willing to help as much as I am able to.

I empathize with you. I've experienced the same situation. As a matter of fact, I'm on sort of a rebound from it. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Remember, while you slacked off, He remained steadfast and is eagerly awaiting your return. God bless.

I've been looking at this request, and just thinking how easy it is to let apathy invade our relationships with Christ.

I mean, let's face it. Life goes insane at times. Wives get pregnant, husbands have probs at work, bills need to be paid, the car breaks down, the parents get sick, the kids get sick, the washing machine breaks.....

From my experience tho, no matter what is going on around me, I have to have my eyes fixed on Christ, or everything goes to the septic tank just like that. Relationships fade, dreams crumble, and all of a sudden, I'm wondering what on earth has happened.

NOW...I make a point of letting nothing take precedent over my personal relationship with Christ. Having chosen that, I've noticed that while all the crud of life still goes on, stuff in this sphere, with Christ and me at the middle, isn't so insane. I hope you find that. It'll be a blessing, not only to you, but to your wife, and your children, and your co-workers, and the guy that fixes your car, and don't forget the mailman, etc. etc.

Just a note of encouragement, it's very exciting to see young men who WANT to involve Christ not only in their own lives, but in the lives of their family.

There are several others in ToJ and CGA in the same "category." Perhaps some of them could encourage and give you some practical advice. That said, your name and situation have also been brought to Christ to present to the Father. (It's cool to have such a perfect intercessor and high priest, huh)

Thank you all for your replies. Things are starting to get a little better. I guess its like anything else really. It has to hurt a little before it can heal. All of you are great. I mean when I need prayer I know that this is one place I can turn to. My wife and I both thank you. Please keep me in your prayers. The shift I am working right now doesn't leave much time for anything but work. Don't get me wrong.. I am very thankful to have a job right now (because there are so many who don't have one). Hopefully the oppertunity for me to move into another job will open soon. I have to attend training at the end of Sept and after that I hope to move into a field tech job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back