I officially give up on the hat thing

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Seriously.

Drops are absurdly infrequent. Like, "quest item drops in World of Warcraft" infrequent.

Special hats come and go before the end of business hours in Central time zone.

I got the Demoman's Fro.

That's it. I'm done with the whole hat thing. Bah.

No worries Tek you can dominate me and get that one ^^ (Although I have yet to receive it. I expect I will get it when the update hits as it has to be dl'ed first).

If you are done with hats... can I have that fro?

Shameless >.< :p ... but yeah we need a round of hat swapping come on Valve where is the trading system!!!

I was PM'ing as many people as fast as I could on steam Tek but I didn't get down to you before all the hats were gone (or at least the site said they were). IDK if you were actually online either I didn't get down that far :/ . You need an emergency free stuff number we can all call when something free comes up :p.

Last edited:
If you are done with hats... can I have that fro?
Pfft. The Fro was the one hat I really wanted (and I don't even play Demo all that often). Some of the rest are okay, but the Fro is obviously the best of the bunch.

Shameless >.< :p ... but yeah we need a round of hat swapping come on Valve where is the trading system!!!
The latest patch deleted duplicate items, which makes me think that Valve canned the idea of adding a trading system to the game.

IDK if you were actually online either I didn't get down that far :/ . You need an emergency free stuff number we can all call when something free comes up :p.
I'm usually at my PC during the afternoon hours on any given weekday, though I make my best effort to delay gaming and administrative tasks until after 5 p.m. Central time. I tend to check the forums in the morning as part of my "daily rounds," though.

If I knew about the hat thing while it was still happening, I probably would have taken a short break to get one (whatever was involved in getting one; I'm still not sure).

And if I had known that the TF2 sale would only last for an hour or two, I would have bought a copy for my wife immediately.

So if people message me about free stuff or awesome sales, please make sure to let me know if there's a deadline or time limit attached. If I think a sale is going to go for 24 hours (which, based on prior experience, I thought was a safe assumption), I'm going to wait until after business hours to turn my attention to free/cheap stuff.

Where did the update say it was deleting duplicate stuff? I thought it just hid the duplicates on the loadout screen. Meaning if you go to change weapons for pyro it will only show flaregun once no once for each copy you have.

Where did the update say it was deleting duplicate stuff? I thought it just hid the duplicates on the loadout screen. Meaning if you go to change weapons for pyro it will only show flaregun once no once for each copy you have.

You are correct. My gazillion duplicates are still there.

You are correct. My gazillion duplicates are still there.
Ah, my bad. Should've read the release notes.

[toj.cc]phantom;358716 said:
I hate the whole idea...TF2 is an FPS not a freakin' RPG.

It would be better if it tried (as in allowed a tad bit more customization and variety). None of the classes actually suite my play style. The closest (the scout) dies if you sneeze in the wrong direction. I can play soldier, but I feel like a snail. Demoman is a bit better, but you end up getting slaughtered easily if people get in close. Spy is meh and sniper is very situational. Pyro isn't a real class, so that leaves me with nothing.

Pyro isn't a real class.

Then what was I playing for the last year and a half? :( hat3r!

You have Sniper (which you're good at IIRC), Medic (which is always fun when using a KritzKrieg), Engineer (M1, not even W+M1 xD), or you play as a flank/cliff-jumping-right-behind you Heavy. :x

It's fairly easy to play a good Medic or Pyro.

It's another thing entirely to play a great Medic or Pyro. Gerbil (as Medic) and Keero (as Pyro) come to mind as examples for each class.

I think the hat thing is kind of entertaining, but I won't go out of my way trying to get any special one.

Yes, Scouts are squishy, but a good Scout can be absurdly hard to hit sometimes. I've seen a really good spy totally change a game, a Sniper with the Huntsman bow can be ridiculously nasty even up close and personal. Pyros not a real class? You're missing out, my friend. Pyros can be LOADS of fun! Of course, there's nothing quite like delivering a well-placed rocket to the face, mwahahaha!!!

- Lance

Back