Idea for a mod...for flying

skvsr

While flying, I have a hard time flying by the seat of my pants. My attitude often runs me into objects close to the ground or sends me much higher than I would like to be. In an aircraft one has an artificial horizon that shows the angle of attack (the attitude)as well as rotational position (which we do not have to worry about in WoW). However, knowing ones attitude would be nice. One that pops up like a heads-up display used in flight games would be nice. An altimeter would be nice, too.

Is there any chance of having something like this?

Hmm...it could be possible, *i think* ...you could compare the recent set of coordinate changes (i believe the api can provide you with this info) to determine the angle ...so...certainly feasible i'd think

There are already coordinate systems used for the game code to determine where you are at any given point in the "world". I don't see why that information could not also be used on the interface to help the player navigate on the x, y, and z axis.

The z axis info is no longer given to the client. It was in the past, until hacker/farmers found out they could hack the client data packets to manipulate the Z axis, and float around instances. Most notably it was widely used in Dire Maul getting the foror's compendium of dragon slaying for the tanking sword (forget name)

I doubt we will see the Z axis info available to us anytime soon.

Back