iLevels crib sheet

Gilga

Since everything boils down to iLevels which fall into a relatively orderly structure, thought I'd put this together. Not quite time for a Gilgadoc .. but we're getting

there.

I'm including PvP items in the list ... I *think* a decent rule of thumb is to subtract ~25 iLevels to get its PvE equivalent, but that's my eyeballing it off of WoWhead

lists rather than anything authoritative from EJ or anything.

Ranked in descending order (best to worst) of iLevel:
379 epic - Lady Sinestra loot
372 epic - Tier 11 / Heroic raid drops (specifically, heroic upgrades to normal raid drops if I understand it correctly)
372 epic - PvP Conquest points weapon rewards - Vicious Gladiator (roughly equivalent to iLevel 346 for PvE)
365 epic - PvP Conquest points armor rewards - Vicious Gladiator (roughly equivalent to iLevel 346 for PvE)
359 epic - Tier 11 / Raid drops, BoE crafted items using Chaos orbs or Dreamweave, Exalted reputation vendor rewards, Valor Point rewards
353 epic - PvP Honor Points reward weapons (Bloodthirsty Gladiator) (roughly equivalent to iLevel 333 for PvE)
352 rare - PvP Honor Points armor (Bloodthirsty Gladiator) - roughly equivalent to iLevel 333 for PvE
346 rare - Heroic instance BoP drops, some limited BoEs, Justice Point rewards
339 rare - PvP crafted items (roughly equivalent to iLevel 308 for PvE)
333 rare - Normal lvl85 dungeon drops (HoO, SC, GB), Honored level rep rewards, TH chain-end quest rewards, 2 crafted item per armor type
325 rare - Uld/DH chain-end quest rewards, some BoEs
318 comm - TH quest rewards
316 rare - one crafted item per armor type
312 comm - Uld chain-end quest rewards
308 rare - Normal lvl 80-82 dungeon BoP drops (BRC, ToT, VP), one crafted item per armor type
306 comm - crafted items and world drops
305 comm - DH chain-end quest rewards
300 comm - crafted items and world drops
295 comm - crafted items and world drops
289 comm - DH quest rewards, some crafted items
288 rare - Vash/MH chain-end quest rewards
277 epic - Tier 10 (WotLK heroic raid) gear
272 comm - Vash/MH quest rewards
<272 stuff is WotLK and thus obsolete almost immediately in Cata

To me, the 288, 308, and 316 gear levels are weird ... they're "rare" for such a limited window while leveling and seem to me to be inferior to the iLevel 312/318 "green" gear that drops in very slightly higher level content. But since the gear game is really just a race to get ~333 gear so that you can then push up into heroics, it's not very relevant for very long.

Last edited:
Tailoring Epics do not take Chaos Orbs... Just Dreamweave (which is a week cooldown and I can make 1 type per element, so 5 a week)... What is comes down to is I can make 1 epic in 1.2 weeks

Blizzard hates Tailors... just FYI

Last edited:
I'd still argue that's better than dealing with BoP chaos orbs. IMO, crafting should be an alternative to dungeon drops. Instead, as an LW you need to run heroics to get both BoP gear and BoP orbs. I liked the BC option of there being BoP crafted armor pieces that were expensive but didn't require BoP dungeon drops... that were inferior to raid gear, but equivalent to anything you could get from 5-mans. Getting to 525 LW really hasn't bought me anything gear-wise except for being able to craft a full PvP set. The last gear benefit comes with BoP wrist enchant that you get at 500. Oh well.

Back