Introductions

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I apologize if I've made any mistakes posting or if this question has been asked somewhere before (I did not find it, although I wasn't really sure how to search for it).

I came across this site when I was looking around to see if there were any good Christian-themed CRPG's around. I am not very good at searches, but I did find this site so figured asking here would be a good place to start, plus it seems like it may be a good way to interact with other Christians gamers (some posts I looked at have been exactly the type of things I've been thinking about myself).

Anyway, first question: Should I post my questions somewhere else (new thread or something) or is this ok here?

Next: I have played a lot of really great CRPG games, but got curious about if there's any specifically Christian-themed ones existing. I play on a PC and enjoy older games (been playing CRPG's since the 80's). I can't think of a reason why someone couldn't take the basics of what make good CRPG's fun (story, adventure, character building, strategy, etc.) but tell a story that is based on Christianity (done properly tastefully/respectfully, of course). I'm asking with regards to single-player (or possibly LAN multiplayer); never really got into MMORPG's.

What about Mod's for games like Neverwinter Nights, FRUA, etc.? I haven't found any in my searches so far (except one possibility for NwN).

Also, I've played a few games where there's some semi-questionable stuff. Are there any mods out there to clean this stuff up? There are some otherwise great games where I know I'd enjoy them more if the things that made me a little uncomfortable were altered or removed. I'd be surprised if someone hadn't created a site somewhere that has a list of games with mods to fix these. But I'm terrible at searches and haven't been able to find anything.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Welcome to our forums ag87 :) . I totally feel you on needing good Christian games I've been banging that drum loud and for years. In regard as to where to post if you have a specific game you are interested in if it is popular and multiplayer we might have a group for you. If it's not, and a search turns up no threads on it, just make a specific thread asking about it in CGA General http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forums/general-discussion-cga.38/ . If you've missed info on your subject we'll just point you to it then. We aren't super strict on things and I can move threads around if I must (I've only thrown one or two people to the Sarlacc this year /kidding).

Hey guys, I am a friend from Christ Centered Gamer. I am looking for a Christian World of Warcraft guild to play in and the admins sent me in this direction after failing to find others on CCGR. My interests include music (mostly Christian metal), playing the piano, gaming, camping/hiking/outdoors, and a bunch of other stuff. I mostly play on the PC through Steam, but I also have a 3DS.

Hello Emwok. Welcome welcome :). I'm thinking you should try posting in the Word of Warcraft thread and ask there.

And you avatar is quite funny :D

Welcome to our forums ag87 :) . I totally feel you on needing good Christian games I've been banging that drum loud and for years. In regard as to where to post if you have a specific game you are interested in if it is popular and multiplayer we might have a group for you. If it's not, and a search turns up no threads on it, just make a specific thread asking about it in CGA General http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forums/general-discussion-cga.38/ . If you've missed info on your subject we'll just point you to it then. We aren't super strict on things and I can move threads around if I must (I've only thrown one or two people to the Sarlacc this year /kidding).

Hi,

Will do, thanks.

Sarlacc, LOL :)

Greetings Brothers and Sisters. My son and I are looking to put together a Christian squad for War Thunder or perhaps one for kids and another adult one. I have assisted with admin leadership in many Christian chess groups on chess.com (setting up matches, sharing verses, prayer, fellowship, Bible Study, apologetics etc) and can contribute time permitted.

In Jesus Love,

Les

Hey Bro. Great to have discovered this site. Any War Thunder squads needing new members? Could also form a new one. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Hey Bro. Great to have discovered this site. Any War Thunder squads needing new members? Could also form a new one. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Not that I know of but feel free to make a new thread in CGA General Discussion asking if anyone plays. I think what activity we have has been either Minecraft, Guild Wars or Team Fortress 2 related but some people did play War Thunder back when. You can also try http://www.ccgaming.com/ or https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/ . Hmmm I seem to remember seeing a Christian site that played War Thunder somewhere but it may not exist anymore.

HI everyone, I'm new to the community! Feelings of warmth being surrounded with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ that also don't mind having a little enjoyment out of videogames!

Greetings!?!
I happened to be pointed here from CCGR and do hope I like what I see, which I haven't seen much yet, but I will look about!
I may be a blockhead but I do know how to follow rules, so here's my first post here: An introduction!

Who I Am
There once was a guy from the net,
He'd been all over cyberspace I bet.
Then he came into a place,
That followed Glory and Grace,
And was told "Come here, or regret!"

So this Minister in training clicked,
And discovered he must make it quick!
A serious and well worded impact,
Just to see how they might react,
To poetry created Split-Lickity!

So with that my intro will end,
And your ear (I mean eyes) I won't bend,
To more lengthy uselessness,
As try and merely impress,
What it is to be a blockheaded trend!
Look forward to future interactions!
Peace!
:cool:

Hi All,
I am glad I found this site so I can interact with Christians.
I have a son whom we'd like him to play video games online with Christians.
I would appreciate it if you do play video games online that you would let us know.
He plays on a PlayStation 3 and 4. He can also play on a personal computer.

Thank you in advance and God bless you.

Hello. I was a member of this a long time ago and have come back. My husband and I used to raid in a variety of MMOs. We miss raiding and decided to get back into it and thought this would be a good place to start. We haven't chosen a game yet and were looking for help deciding. What games are people actively raiding in? We have Saturday, Tuesday, and/or Thursday evening/nights open. Please message me. Thanks

Hello new users!

Hi All,
I am glad I found this site so I can interact with Christians.
I have a son whom we'd like him to play video games online with Christians.
I would appreciate it if you do play video games online that you would let us know.
He plays on a PlayStation 3 and 4. He can also play on a personal computer.

Thank you in advance and God bless you.

I play Team Fortress 2, which is free to play, with a small group of Christians, Tribe of Judah, server ip 64.74.97.17:27015 . We have a game night every Tuesday at 8:30 central and I moderate the games then but the server is un-moderated the rest of the time. Christian Crew also has a moderated server though I don't know how moderated. They play a lot more though. Christ Centered Gamer has a server too but I don't think they are active in TF2 anymore. Just about any other server is un-moderated and definitely no place for children. Even when moderated you can't moderate until after the fact. The game itself has a few words and cartoon-ish gore but is far tamer than most first person shooters. Playing online really requires supervision, regardless of game content, as people online are not child friendly and will actively find ways around any protection. There was a child mmo which had no chat so the people rearranged the furniture to circumvent it and communicate, but I digress. If you are looking for a different game look around here or try those forums as they play other things.

Of course I've no idea how old he is. Welcome to our forums regardless :) !

Hello. I was a member of this a long time ago and have come back. My husband and I used to raid in a variety of MMOs. We miss raiding and decided to get back into it and thought this would be a good place to start. We haven't chosen a game yet and were looking for help deciding. What games are people actively raiding in? We have Saturday, Tuesday, and/or Thursday evening/nights open. Please message me. Thanks

I don't play mmo's so I can't help ya but I'll say hello and welcome to our forums :) ! If you don't find what you want here try the forums I talked about above.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome. I'm a member of a couple of Christian guilds that play Guild Wars 2. One is on this site under the Tribe of Judah section (Legacy of Elijah) but they haven't been using the forums for a few months.

A more active guild is Chariot of Fire. We do Guild Missions on Saturday evenings and WvW on Friday and Saturday nights. We also have World Boss runs and other activities during the week. One of my favorite activities is our Guild Meeting on Monday nights which is followed by an awesome bible study, led by one of our members who is a pastor. You can find Chariot of Fire at http://christianfire.enjin.com/. Feel free to message me in game at Aleron.6357.

Hi guys. I just now joined the forum. 5.5 years ago I began playing a space-based MMORTS (it calls itself MMORPG, but it's not) game. I was very successful and became a GM among the most powerful alliance. I burned out from the game aspects (pounding pixels) and it's the fellowship, war game socializing, interpersonal, and communication aspects that I enjoy and am best at.

About 15 months ago I received a very strong Christ belief, at the age of 26, for the first time in my life. This represented a total break with the leftist/secular culture I'd been raised in. My godmother and paternal grandmother are believers. I think that my maternal grandmother was also but I never met her. For the most part then I had zero church background, absolutely no background in Christian schools/campus, very little in the way of Christian family influence or friends.

I practice a form of case-making apologetics (defence of the gospel, per Philippians 1:17 and many more verses on defending the faith) which is closely linked to the practice of spiritual warfare. I have a dramatic born again/conversion testimony and I encourage others to not hide the light that the Holy Spirit has given them (Matthew 5:15). I am a prolific writer and I preach on the absolute truth of the Word and the Resurrection.

For whatever reason(s) I decided to find my way to this board/community, looks like a good community, lots of topics and projects/works to work on within such a construct. Thanks for having me and best regards.

Back