"Invalid Session" when trying to register serial code

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
When I visit register.guildwars2.com and try to attach my serial code to my pre-existing GW2 account (from beta, which is also linked wit my GW1 account), I get the following error:

Invalid Session

Your session has been idle for too long and has expired. Please try again.
Looking for help? Click here to visit the support website.

Go back
400:3309:1014:1:1197 ErrLoginPending
Not a good first impression. :(

Looks like I'm going to have to create a separate account and submit a support ticket and wait who knows how long just to log in to the game.

I bet it is the beta software leaving cookies on your computer, make sure to clear cache/cookie on the browser and try again, with multiple browsers too

Alright, log into your account on Guildwars2.com . After you do that click on your email authentication link, that will take you to a page where you can allow/deny access to an IP. Click allow and remember the network. Then try registering your new serial again.
wink.gif

Hopefully that will work for you.

I bet it is the beta software leaving cookies on your computer, make sure to clear cache/cookie on the browser and try again, with multiple browsers too
Already did that. Tried running CCleaner to clear all cookies and temp files. Also tried Firefox. Same error.

Alright, log into your account on Guildwars2.com . After you do that click on your email authentication link, that will take you to a page where you can allow/deny access to an IP. Click allow and remember the network. Then try registering your new serial again.
wink.gif

Hopefully that will work for you.
I'm not seeing any e-mail authentication link. :(

I had to unlink the authenticator.

/smh

Yep. Had to un-link the authenticator THEN register my serial code THEN re-link my authenticator THEN confirm my e-mail address.

But I'm good to go now.

I probably still won't be playing for a while longer as the house still isn't clean, but at least now I know that my and my wife's serial codes are legitimate. (I did get both copies off eBay after all.)

There was also an in-game announcement yesterday (October 20) saying that they were going to be working on the game from 7:00 to 10:00 PM Pacific time. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Back