Iron Breaker

coldturkey49

Having ranked Serdoc, my Iron breaker to 40, I made a lot of videos. But I have not shared them on the guild website, because I have so many You Tube subscribers now I just figured those who where interested would subscribe to my channel. But just in case, here a few for your viewing pleasure:

at Rank 28 High Def
at Rank 28 Norm Def

at Rank 36 High Def
at Rank 36 Norm Def

at Rank 40 High Def
at Rank 40 Norm Def

Defense of Praag, part 1, High Def
Defense of Praag, part 1, Norm Def

Defense of Praag, part 2, High Def
Defense of Praag, part 2, Norm Def

Thanks for watching, God Bless.

So, I like damage type tanks. I am thinking of making an alt once Icthus hits 40 and the Slayers and Choppa's come out.

I am between a warrior priest and a tank, as I believe these will be the anti-choppa. Can you break down the three tanks and what they do well?

The Sword Master is the only one I can really comment on, as I've not played the others past Tier 1. The SM probably has the least group utility of the 3 tanks, but has great individual goodies, flexibility and does good damage for a tank. They can get 3 separate bubbles if specced properly, have cool tools in both their 1H and 2H lines, and get really nice AE abilities. While leveling I regularly would pull 4-5 mobs up to 2 levels higher than me and kill them all before I was below half health. If they were even level, I'd generally not drop below 90%. In RvR I can push forward with good survivability and can do enough damage to disrupt the caster line. I can also go turtle and have regularly survived getting temporarily beat on by 4-5 destro with minimal healing support. It's a good class if your goal is to do pretty respectable damage and disruption (not in the MDPS class, but certainly noticable) while still being very survivable.

The downside is that your abilities are spread through 3 separate balance stances, so not all skills are available at any one time. Sometimes when I need to throw out a snare or punt, it's not available and I have to cycle through 1 or 2 other attacks first, which can be frustrating at times. And if you go SM, you HAVE to grab the PlanB mod. Life as a SM would be miserable without it.

Last edited:
Iron Breakers build grudge by being hit, and if you use a tactic up, you can also build grudge when hitting an opponent. You use grudge to execute your defensive abilities. Also, you have Oath Friend, which makes another player (if within 40 feet) get those defensive buffs.

Sword Masters have a 3 tier balance system, normal balance -> improved balance -> perfect balance. You have certain abilities available at each balance level. I would agree with most of what Baddwin said, with the exception of the PlanB mod comment. You do NOT NEED that mod to play a Sword Master effectively, case and point -> My Sword Master, High Def -or - My Sword Master, Norm Def.

Knights of the Blazing Sun are all about auras and managing/dancing those auras depending on the needs of the group.

Overall, I like all 3, and each has their own uses.

OK, do you NEED PlanB? No.

Does it make my life 1000 times easier? Yes. Especially as I use a Nostromo controller. No reason for me not to use PlanB. It works for me.

One thing I forgot to mention, another plus to the Sword Master is that a significant portion of the damage I deal is Spirit rather than Physical. It's nice to have a variety of damage types, particularly as Spirit is probably the last priority for destro to stack resists against.

I made a Sword Master before we transferred over named Dinzo just because I could.

Turns out he does pretty decent DPS (in T1 anyway) and his longevity when I throw him into a group of Destro is pretty impressive considering the amount of white quality gear he has (the quality that's less than green).

I may have to level me a tank... eventually!

Last edited:
Back