Left 4 Dead 2 midnight release?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
If Left 4 Dead 2 unlocks at midnight Eastern (11 p.m. Central, 9 p.m. Pacific) or within a few hours later, would you be interested in playing tonight?

If so, post a short reply.

Of course, it's entirely possible that L4D2 won't unlock (and therefore officially release) until well into the morning or, knowing Valve, even the afternoon or evening.

I'm up for it for sure. If it works right away that is, I seem to remember having trouble getting L4D working right on release night.

Wish I could be joining up with you, but I'm going to have to wait for a good sale for L4D2... :(

Wish I could be joining up with you, but I'm going to have to wait for a good sale for L4D2... :(
I believe several others (Elihu, at the least) are planning to do the same. If a very generous community member hadn't bought my copy for me as a gift, I would be doing the same.

Don't worry; there'll be a new crowd of folks jumping into the game once the PC version drops to $30 or below.

I'll tell you in 2 hours if it releases on time, scoffer man of scoffing. >=|

I don't think I've seen a valve release that has gone off without delays, issues activating or bunny rabbits trying to kill people.
And last night was no exception. There were no killer rabbits, but the Left 4 Dead 2 unlock came 1 hour and 10 minutes after Valve posted (on the official Left 4 Dead blog) it would.

A few of us (6, to be exact) managed to get together for some campaign play. I headed to bed around 2:30 a.m. Central...and I'm feeling it today. Ugh. I think I'll head to bed much earlier tonight to try to fix my sleeping pattern.

Back