Legion Paypal Account

Zandaris

In light of Doula's situation, Eileronis suggested we could all chip in and purchase Doula a game card. Eileronis and I had some discussion and it was thought the best way to implement this would be a legion Paypal account. This way if there is money left over it might go to purchase game cards for others who might be currently experiencing God's lessons on financial stewardship through a current lack of cash flow. (Hey, God can only be God of the desert when you are in the desert.)

That being said, I would like any suggestions on the following:

1. Would we all be in favor of this type of giving account?

2. Is Paypal the best way to implement this?

3. Who would be the best person to administer the account?

I suggest John (Xaris).

4. What criteria if any will be needed to receive a game card purchased from the account?

I personally, and this is my opinion, do not want this to be abused but I also do not like the thought of it being so strict that no one is willing to use it. I would certainly be happy with just the administrator going to the Lord and being guided that way.

4. If down the road the Legion dissolves what will happen to the money in the account?

I suggest it be donated to a Christian charity.

Let me know what you think.

God Bless,
Zan

That.... is a big undertaking. An definitely something I don't want to be in charge of. But I will not say no to it, if there are a few that want to do it.

Rules and guidelines would be the toughest to mesh out. If it was started, I would say the 1st rule would be :
1.) No-one can ask for it.

It would need to be completely reliant on those putting into the fund, to suggest that we help said person. That way, we could minimize the possibility of hurt feelings through rejection.
Really though, my preference would be to not have a constant fund. As even with the 1st rule, there would still be some expectations, an hurt feelings at some point.

If we did something like this, I would prefer to keep it free floating. That is to say, it doesn't exists until we feel it needs to for a specific situation. For it to come up, would require the person suggesting it be willing to carry more then half cost (70% or so) of said game card. Then should enough people be willing to help, the suggesters share may be reduced. This would help eliminate flippant trials.

.....could that work? ........

1.) No-one needing it, can ask for it
2.) The person suggesting to help, must be willing to contribute no less then 70% of game card cost. If enough people contribute, main person's share may go down
3.) No more then the amount needed, may be collected

Options for giving money -
1.) Make a paypal (or whatever) account for Aion, to be handled by leaders (John fits this).
2.) At any time it is suggested, those contributing can agree on a person trusted
3.) I would have to check 1st - but ToJ has a paypal account for vent an such donations. They might be willing to handle that part for us. An PM the code to the person in need.

It kinda seems ok. Though I didn't intend to come up with it. Well further suggestions can be made.

Interesting that you and Aleron talked about it. Was in my heart as well. Maybe God wants to do something for him?

Last edited:
Back