Level 90 Boost available upon pre-purchase

direpath

Digital pre-purchases are coming soon for WoD. Blizzard has stated that the free 90 boost will be available upon pre-purchase payment. There is also talk about actually allowing us to buy further level 90 boosts. The latter may cause some ruffled feathers, but personally, I like the idea. If someone wants to skip the 1-90 process its their choice. Pay real money, skip the leveling content? Sure why not.

Source

Where does one draw the line? Pay real money, skip [x]. For me, it was when they offered any sort of transaction alongside the normal subscription, even the "cosmetic" ones. The cash shop shouldn't even exist. I wish I could find my forum thread from years ago, when they first introduced microtransactions. I told everyone it was a slippery slope, and that this was where we were headed. Hardly anyone believed me, now here we are, talking about purchasing level 90 characters.

It is a slippery slope indeed. Personally I don't have any feelings against it. If someone wants to spend money to skip part of the game, it seems a bit silly. That being said, I have paid money to save having to relevel a 90 and 50+ reps to exalted. So this isn't much different to me.

If people who are paying money to play your game are paying money to not play your game, something is not right.

But that's just my opinion. I don't envy the people responsible for revising and designing new content for a 11-year old MMO.

Back