Leveling Strategy & RvR Tiers

Gilga

So not having really thought things out, I hit 12 before finishing some Tier 1 RvR quests and my MMO OCD complex went all batty on me. Anyhow, now I have thought it out, and want to float these hypotheses:

1) There is so much content that you can take the approach of just focusing on one Conflict (e.g. Elf vs. Elf or Dwarf vs. Greenskin) and even within that, focus on just doing quests or just doing scenarios or just doing PQs or whatever. I'm sure it things out a bit at higher levels where you can't really level JUST doing PQs in a single Conflict unless you're a crazy grinder, but still, there are clearly choices to be made ... unlike, say, WoW, where by lvl33 EVERYONE is in STV collecting Green Hills pages...

2) Because of the RvR caps you can thus inadventently miss doing RvR by capping out too early. Since there are typically gimme quests you can do in RvR, unless your leveling strategy ignores quests altogether (e.g. you are Tree) that can be a bummer (e.g. you are Gilga).

3) Leveling also requires a balanced approach of leveling "career rank" and "renown rank." While I guess you could ignore renown early on, you'd miss out on lots of goodies and probably have do to serious grinding later to catch it back up. But still, there are better and worse ranks at which do to scenarios.

4) Because scenarios automaticaly "level buff" tools to level 8/18/28/38 in scenarios, the majority of toons in a scenario in tier 1/2/3 will be "x8." Therefore, if you are rank 9/10/11 in that scenario, you're at an advantage. Thus, those are prime ranks for doing scenarios are you're more likely to whomp up on the Destros and get more renown faster.

5) Because of the level cap, the x1 ranks (11, 21, 31) are priority levels to get those RvR quests done ... before you can't. Although technically you can still complete quests as a chicken ...

The chart below summarizes the strategy. Those of you who are higher up ... is there anything to this, or is my perspective skewed (or ignorant) being a lowly rank 13?

level.jpg

Dont forget about leveling your Reknown Rank. There are 80 of those, so keeping it as close to level as possible is very important in the long run.

I tend to quest until at least rank 5, maybe 6. Then I continue questing while waiting in scenario queues and taking whichever comes first. By the time I'm rank 8-9, my renown is usually one level below me. Then I rvr enough to keep it no lower than 1-2 ranks lower. That's easy since I enjoy it so much.

Back