log impressive and res files

Talon

Log impressive custom sounds are now on 1.6 server. Its configured like it was just before with what sounds play and what dont, and the inappropriate files are shut off. I also will be adding "wootthang" sound file and assign it to a trigger (not sure which yet). Also I want to include the sound file "Jesus is the way, life, truth, come get some.." sound file, need to get it made. I will including that sound file in the res files.

A side note, each map requires a .res file (resource), telling the server what files the map needs then lets the clients download them (so we dont get the crash and missing .wad file error). I'm using the resgen program, it has a feature of creating a custom config file to add in your custom sounds, so when you run the program on the .bsp's it finds out what the map needs, then adds in the custom sound paths for your impressive plugin files. woot

I will be adding "wootthang" and the "jesus" file to source also, it will be avaliable for admins to play the sounds in the admin menu.

Now comes the fun part of decompressing 8,500 maps and running resgen on them all at once (it will take like half an hour)

*edit: done and all uploaded to cs1.6 server, now just gotta have HCS install the new set of maps*

Last edited:
just a side note.

Check the sound part of the source admin menu, its #6, I think u'll like and recognize some of the sounds :D

All i need is the wootthang sound file to use it.

Back