Logos Bible Software

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
This may be the wrong forum, if so sorry. I put it here because this thread is Bible study related.

I was wondering if anyone else uses the Logos Bible Software for their studies. If not, do you use something else? etc.

I personally love it. It makes study so much easier and more powerful. To be fair, I have thousands of dollars invested in my library. (Got the scholars library Gold when I was in college, upgrades/additions since then.) However I know that the software is so powerful even for people who haven't invested anywhere near as much as I have. The smaller base packages seem like they'd be really good for someone not looking into such a scholarly level of study.

If you have/do use the Logos software, what are your favorite features? I love the powerful searches that it does. I just find that the whole system being in one package makes it so easy. I love being able to access multiple versions side by side, and have my interlinear at the click of a button, being able to do a deep search of the original language, etc. It's just awesome imo.

I've got the iphone app (sadly, I have an iphone as my work phone....) and it's nice because I can read my reading plans straight from my phone. Also having access to www.Biblia.com means I have access to my library from the web.

I also love how they're giving away a free book a month all throughout 2012. =D

Re-reading my post it looks like an advertisement for the logos software, and it's not meant to be haha, I just really like the product. I guess I'm just wanting to see what others think. :p

I have it, love it, don't use it enough, but get a lot of the free books. The iPad apps are very handy too.

I wasn't impressed with the Logos library of free books. :confused:

As a seminary student, I had to find something to help me in class:eek:! I use WORDsearchBible and BibleExplorer for my seminary classwork (The library from WORDsearch also works in BibleExplorer, Quickverse, and some in BibleWorks). BibleExplorer and WORDsearch Bible are also what I use for preparation in the Psalms in 6 months Study (Happening Sunday thru Friday nights at 10pm ET in our mumble server). I share the screen during the studies to help others use the software. There are TONS of video tutorials on the websites and even youtube!

I donate BibleExplorer LE ($10 bucks each for a huge library) to many Pastors and CGA members. Yes, there is a free iPad APP. It was cheaper than the LOGOS software (a ton of books are free)

WORDsearch has a free iPad app. Unfortunately I have Android, not an iPhone. Logos is my Android app over YouVersion, because Logos on android does come with a decent library. I also use AndBible because I like the quick verse analysis tools, but the library is too small!

Logos isn't the cheapest (Although, you can get some pretty good deals when they've got their base packages on sale) Also they have a pretty good student discount, you just have to call them to get the discount. However the power of the software itself is just insane.

I wasn't impressed with the Logos library of free books. :confused:

No Logos is not about free books. you pay a fortune for it and get a grip of books. The free stuff is just for those who have it to get a few more things added. Logos is the opposite of a free program.

I've heard of it in a positive light on the local Catholic radio station, but aside from that I've yet to learn more about it.

Price does look a bit steep compared to a simple trip to New Advent. :|

Certain books may be a little more expensive, I usually get my stuff off of the pre-pub or community pricing. Always get a good deal from there. If you buy a base package you get a really good deal.

You don't get logos if you're looking to be cheap (although, if you get one of the smaller base packages you're really not spending that much.) What you get Logos for is the powerful software. It is just so versatile. It makes study so much easier. If you want to really get into the word it just has so many possibilities.

Back