Looking for an engineer build

direpath

I fired up an engineer to alt alongside my mesmer, I have moments where one or the other is more preferrable. Right now, my engineer is greatly enjoyable to play and will likely be my main for the time being (yes, eventually I will get something to 80 hehe)

I'm still trying to get my head back around making builds in this game. Engineer is challenging because of all of the options...I am looking for a build that utilizes Rifle (or Pistol/Pistol if that is better, but preferrably rifle) while utilizing the Bomb and Elixir Gun kits. Here is what I came up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQFAUl0pqd3zyuF17IBYG2FwiUgZL/lxbbLA-e

I would like some critique as I will be honest that I do not know how to build properly, yet. I am also looking for what type of armour I should gear with upon reaching 80.

Can someone help me out?

This looks interesting, I am kinda trying out specs also.. Currently running with Flamethrower, it's pretty fun!

For lack of a good idea for my rifle/bomb/eg build, I am shifting into a FT/elixir build. I'm still running the grenade and bomb kits for a few more levels but it looks interesting.

And your sig scripture is one of my favorites. I was drawn to it when a friend was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colon cancer. I didn't fully understand what it meant as we all through we would pray and he would jsut be healed. He was eventually but he brought many to Christ in the process. MY friend is now cancer free (doctor-stumping miracles ftw). I still really love that bit of scripture.

It's always been my favorite scripture..it's wonderful to hear about your friend! God is good all the time!

definately a great scripture
here is one of my favorites;
Psalm 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

as far as engineer goes i have no clue how to gear or build them.
that's why my engineer is still LV35 after all this time lol

If you find an engineer build you like for WvW at some point, please let me know.

I have an Asura engineer. Got the steampunk armor form him, and really like his design and animations. I levelled him with grenade/HGH, and tore through PvE stuff, but when I took him to WvW I got frustrated. He seemed squishier than he should be, and because the build is so condition based I couldn't do any damage in PvDoor. The slow arc of grenades also meant that elementalists and other ranged characters would burn down targets before my attacks would even hit.

I know the zerg isn't everything, but being in a top tier server it seems like it's hard to find smaller group fighting, and a good idea to have a build that can work with the zerg when needed. Grenade/HgH seemed best for small skirmishes.

Back