Looking for you guys

SlavidZee

Hey all, I just opened a 14-day trial acct last night, and would like to know how to find TOJ. I couldn't find Tribe Of Judah when I searched under corporations.

I have to say that the game made a tremendous fist impression. The face-modeling system was incredible, and the graphics were down right beautiful, even on my antique computer. I just hope this game is actually fun to play!

Heh. It is very fun to play. Okay the system that you need to go to is Nakugard in the Metropolis region. Just set destination and let the auto-pilot take you there. Once there we are based in the Republic University. Welcome to EVE

I was going to join but...

Hey guys,
I was going to join you in Eve but I read the post about flame wars, etc. I am not ready to join a game where there is that much open hostility... I know it is a great way to witness but right now I need a laid back enviroment like GW to hang out in. It is nothing personal, I just need to be able to relax when I play and not worry about seeing my hard earn time blown to space dust because someone doesn't like me... I want to thank you for welcoming me to Eve, but I am going to have to stick with GW for now. Hope to see you around!

Oy, you should see the official World of Warcraft forums. Bring flame-retardant eye goggles.

Any MMO community will have flame wars, especially when someone posts any content related to Christianity. The same would likely happen on the GW forums, given the opportunity.

ah if only they knew of the religious arguments I got into in gw.

eve is definately...interesting. It is unique and open minded, as such anyone can say anything within the terms.

the nice thing about MMO's tho is the block feature, people like to talk just to make others mad.

get on with it already!

Man, the Tutorial is LONG!
Still, I'm enjoying the feeling of complexity in this game. The economics feel so real! (including realtime market charts!)

I'm wondering if the missions are gonna get any more interesting than what I've seen in other MMO's tho.

I am doing a lot of trade and its like IRL stock exchange, you must keep an eye on your buy and sell orders every 24-hour period. Otherwise, someone adds a a buy order .01 ISK above your's order and you stop getting the items you are looking for.

A lot of missions were removed in the recent patch, and some were added. I dont do a lot of missions, so I wouldnt know really. But missions is a very good thing when you want to challenge yourself and your current skills.

I couldn't find Tribe Of Judah when I searched under corporations.
Its tribe 0f Judah and not Tribe Of Judah. The UI did not allow me to use an "O" so I used a "0" instead. (Orange vs. a Zero)

mining can be profitable, but doing quality 17 or 18+ lvl 1 missions net more money in less time for early players.

mining can be profitable, but doing quality 17 or 18+ lvl 1 missions net more money in less time for early players.

Unless you mine in 0.0 :)

Nah, you are right. I recommend new players to run agent missions. Even if the payout is low (in direct comparison with some buy orders for high end ORE) it is one of the better ways to get a feel for the game, your ship, different types of fittings, as well as your own skills in mastering everything above.

thanx

nice advice.

How long did it take you to buy your first frigate? I hope I'm not stuck with this Reaper for too long.

How long did it take you to buy your first frigate? I hope I'm not stuck with this Reaper for too long.

Getting a frigate is easy, being able to fly it is another thing. You need the proper skills to gain speed (Navigation, Afterburner, Micro Warp Drive), to be able to attack your enemy (Gunnery, Turrets, Missile Launcher Operation) and to make it difficult for your enemy a decent setup of electronic modules are required (Electronics, Engineering, Electronic Warfare etc.), as well as some armor repair system (Mechanic, Hull Upgrades etc.).

The corporation will give you a reasonable amount of Tech 1 frigates and modules to use them. EvE-mail me ingame once accepted into the corporation, or if I am online: Chat with me and we'll solve it.

Back