LUI is Beast??

whiteb25

This is from my Warlock on another server but it is what I use on my DK Mathios. :)

lockui.jpg

Addons

• LUI (which is the entire UI part including unit frames, bag, ect...)
  • Bartender4
  • Omen
  • Recount
  • Deadly Boss Mods
  • Grid
  • Button Facade
  • Ouf

I like this UI mostly because it keeps my screen clean. The map is easy to hide and it is very easy to manage. Everything is at your fingertips. BTW DO NOT! update recount for LUI, it specifically says not to if you would like these Addons. Other than that I enjoy these addons and I hope you will too.

Installed it and enabled it for my warrior. For reasons I can not explain, I never enabled spartan for Bass. I have used just the default for him all this time. LUI is certainly very "pretty" but I will need more time with it before I comment much further.

At this point, I can say it is less polished then Spartan but it has some great potential. I will comment more when I have done with pvp'ing and raiding with it. I only only done a random heroic at this point. The party frames are too far apart so I will have to figure how to adjust them.

I really like the replacement they use in place of my titan panel. In particular, how the guild list shows up. I will see if it can scroll once we hit a certain number. I am still trying to figure out what the middle circle at the top does or why I care.

I'll post more later ...

Installed it and enabled it for my warrior. For reasons I can not explain, I never enabled spartan for Bass. I have used just the default for him all this time. LUI is certainly very "pretty" but I will need more time with it before I comment much further.

At this point, I can say it is less polished then Spartan but it has some great potential. I will comment more when I have done with pvp'ing and raiding with it. I only only done a random heroic at this point. The party frames are too far apart so I will have to figure how to adjust them.

I really like the replacement they use in place of my titan panel. In particular, how the guild list shows up. I will see if it can scroll once we hit a certain number. I am still trying to figure out what the middle circle at the top does or why I care.

I'll post more later ...

I disable the party frame and just use the grid located on the bottom right. For my pally I use vhudo in place of the grid. I'll post a screeny tonight.

Here is my LUI layout on Bass ...

I am just having a problem swapping locations for omen and recount but I'm close.
wowscrnshot_111510_1858487615.jpg

Last edited:
Alan *shudder* - tell Xinny to get your own account!

As for LUI - I really like the way it brings up the guild list as well. Maybe I will use Spartan on my home PC and try this one on my laptop. With the storm we are having down here I am basically shut in for the day anyway :)

LUI is pretty nice but i was getting errors for OUF frames when doing almost anything. From the setup screen it looks like it's still pretty early and a lot of settings are missing. I'll give it a try again on the next release.

What bag mod are you using Alan?

So i'm assuming that screenshot was not actually yours then (Alan)? Because there is definitely a bag mod happening there.

Adam, did you get any issues with ouF? Did you clear your WTF folder before installing?

Nope, in fact ouf is used for spartan too and I had no issues at all with either spartanui or lui. Just a quick comment on LUI, I posted a suggestion for an enhancement last night. When I checked my post this morning, there was a post from the author with a customized script to my request! Now it did not work as I intended it so I commented back but the fact he would write a custom script for my enhancement spoke volumes.

Oh, the enhancement was, I wanted a mouse over on the collapseable menus (like the micro mini and right bar window). I hate clicking, I want it to open when I mouse over so when I move the mouse off the frame, the window would automatically collapse.

Back