Map Rotation

Hmmmm...ok, so the server *didn't* come back up after it crashed?

K, checked the log, and Plankeye's cron job *did* attempt to bring the server back up, however it crashed *bad* when it did...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Mutators UT2Vote43.UT2Vote,UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod
<------------------------ Starting UT2Vote43 ------------------------>
----------------------------------------
UAdminMod loading...
Opening user log ../UserLogs/UAdminMod.log
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.

Crash information will be saved to your logfile.

Developer Backtrace:
[ 1] /usr/ut2004/System/ucc-bin [0x84a5171]
[ 2] /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0 [0x400368f8]
[ 3] /usr/ut2004/System/ucc-bin [0x844c864]
[ 4] /usr/ut2004/System/ucc-bin [0x842f224]
etc...

And it's still crashing it seems. The cron job attempts to start the server and then it freaks out, posting the above crash to the log.

But if I delete the log file and the *.pid (making sure to do a ps -ef to see if ut's not already running), and start the thing by hand, it goes up just fine. If I kill the server and let the cron job take over, it crashes every time.

Plank, can you e-mail me the contents of your cron job? There might be something wrong in the way it's starting up the server.
rock.gif

PS - Plank, you haven't patched the server up with the last few patches, have you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ Aug. 31 2004,7:27)]Hey Tek, how are things?  Move went good?
Things are good.
smile.gif
I started classes August 23 and have been going strong since. It isn't quite the picturesque experience I'd imagined (and wanted), but it's decent enough. Of course, I'd rather be hanging out with you all and playing games. ;_;

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- UTVote and Unreal Admin Mutator (UAM) installed.
Awesome work! I tested it out yesterday and was able to log in without any troubles. Now I have to print out that command sheet so I know what I'm doing in-game. Heh.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- We have a officially sanctioned game night every week, that being Sunday evenings at 10pm EST.  Join us next time if you can!
I will do my best to make it this Sunday night, sir!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]- On a personal note, I just moved (again) and I won't be back online for a couple more weeks.
Looks like you're back now, though. Yay!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]check the server admin forum, there's a doc in there that we're working on, appreciate your input/approval.
*salutes* Will do.

Back