"Master of the Elements" Build

Wh1te Out

Alright, this build is slightly different than most of the ones I've seen. I have focused on overall flexibility instead of specific skill sets. The intent of my build is to allow me to quickly and easily switch to a combination of two elements depending on my specific situation. Here is how it's done....

1. The first thing you'll need is one of each eye (Flame, Glacier, Stone and Storm) with its respective Superior Rune attached. That will give you a total of +4 to each element.

2. Next you will need two sets of armor. The first set of armor will have a Superior Vigor Rune, a Minor Energy Storage Rune and two Superior Runes of your elemental choice (ex. Fire and Water). Then you will need two replacement pieces of armor (whichever ones you put the Superior Fire and Water on) and they will have a Minor Fire and Water respectively.

3. Repeat Step #2 with a different set of armor and for the other two elements. (Ex. Earth and Air)

My current stats are 16 Fire, 12 Water and 10 Energy Storage. With this build, if I wanted to be a max Water mage I would simply switch to my Glacier's Eye and then take off my piece of armor that had a Superior Water rune and replace it with the one that has a Minor Water Rune, as well as switching my Minor Fire Rune to the piece of armor with the Superior Fire Rune. A few clicks later on the attribute screen and my new stats are 16 Water, 12 Fire and 10 Energy Storage.

I know this can be expensive. It will be less expensive if you use 1.5k armor sets instead of 15k. The two Superior Vigor runes are also expensive, costing between 35k and 40k each. This build leaves you vulnerable. But that is what a mage should be. With my equipment and this build I run with 380 Health. I am frail, but I can bring the pain. :D

As I stated, the specific skill sets involved in this build are really up to the player. Once you've set up this way you can switch as you wish and be a max elemental mage no matter which element you need. Just remember that if your two sets are Fire/Water and Air/Earth you can never go Water/Air or Earth/Fire, so choose your two combinations as best suits you. I prefer Fire/Water because in the Shiverpeaks fire damage is best and at the same time by wearing Hydromancer armor I am more protected against the Shiverpeak foes. It's a win/win situation.

Happy adventuring!

If you are using superiors on your headpieces, I don't think the minors would be needed on other armor. Runes of the same type do not stack, do they?

I was using Minors because even though the +3 attribute bonus doesn't stack, the -75 health penalty does stack. However, I did just realize that the alternate armor pieces really don't need any runes at all. Thanks for pointing that out.

You know, if you wanted to keep it simple, you could just put 9 into each element, leftover into energy stroage, and switch between headpieces and have an effective 13 in each element. That's actually a brilliant idea.

Yes, but that would give you a jack of all trades and master of none. :D

It's a good idea if you really feel the need to spread out your skills, but I find a hard time finding room for skills with just two elements. I can't imagine trying to work in all four at the same time.

I really enjoy my Fire/Illusion combo. The fire gives me the powerful area effect skills, while my Illusion hexes can rock a single enemy if I need to take him down.

I like my Fire/Healing combo. I drop my nukes and while they recharge I heal. You can never have enough healing in those later missions.

OK, here ya go:

Master of Elements (E/Me anti melee tank)

Earth 8 (+4)
Fire 9 (+4)
Air 9 (+4)
Inspiration 8

Obsidian Flesh: Reduced damage from melee, cannot be target of spells
Armor of Earth: +~45 armor
Whirlwind: ~50 cold damage, attacking foes knocked down, AoE, causes exhaustion, 10 second recharge
Lava Font: ~20 dps for 5 seconds, 5 seconds recharge
Flame Burst: ~100 AoE, 5 seconds recharge
Channeling: regain 1 energy for every nearby enemy each time you cast a spell
Echo: repeat spell for up to 20 seconds (likely Flame Burst)
Res Signet

Obviously, this is a mass farming PvE build. It also requires a healing monk to be effective. However, it does make farming feasable for an Ele.

You'll be putting out approximately 70 dps in an AoE (Lava Font + Flame Burst + Echo Flame Burst + Whirlwind), your mana should recharge very quickly assuming you're fighting a large number of mobs, Obsidian Flesh gives you protection not just from melee but from casters as well (can't be the target of a spell), and you can cycle between it and Armor of Earth against melee mobs.

Your vulnerabilities would be degen from bleeding and/or poison, but that's why you bring along a monk friend. Also, I know I only used 3 of the four elements, but the Earth/Fire/Air/Inspiration combo could probably also mess up some Wammos in PvP, especially if you can knock them down with Whirlwind.

Back