Match v. pink

"slottage." Roflcakes.

They probably have it set so you can vote the player slots and gametype with UTComp. Otherwise, you're welcome to use ours. If Shagz is there, have him remember to use the admin interface before you start playing and rec a server side demo.

Hit ~.
Login as admin (carefully, as I described in the post about it in the server admin forums).
Type "admin demorec xxxxx" where xxxxx is the filename you want. I would suggest pink1, pink2, pink3, etc. so I can grab them off FTP later and post them on my demos page. It stops recording after every map change so you'll have to remember to do it again for the second and third games.

K, posted in the TWL admin panel about choosing a server, haven't heard anything back yet...

For the game...I have yet to play a match yet in the league, so I'd like to get in on at least one match this time around. But seeing as James schooled me Sunday night in some one on one (even though I maintained control on the power ups most of the time), what if we go Killerah and James in the first game? If we get schooled bad, I'll jump in for the second but if they win, keep going into the second game. Thoughts?

I didn't school you, I can't school anyone in UT, I only won by one or two frags. You are really good and I have no problems at all with you playing. :)

Hey James, not sure where you are, but me and Killerah will start the match up...meet us in TS if you get this in time.

Yeah... We lost. But we had fun! And hey, where were you james? We were sort of wondering that before we started playing.

I never knew the match was actually confirmed for Sunday at 6. :eek:

My bad I guess...

94-9? Never seen a score that high before in a 20 minute match. :confused:

Yea, we got smoked. Excellent weapon control and they really knew how to play together. They always ran together and we didn't (we'd have to seperate at points just to get weapons) and many times you'd think you'd finally have one of them on their own, his buddy would be circling the map and coming up behind you. We also couldn't maintain control over the 100 shield in Rankin. We did ok in Ironic at the start but then it all started to fall apart.

Oh, and my tks didn't help either. :( Really embarassed about those.

LOL, the TKs were no big deal really. Anyway, yeah, we really got blasted, we were doing ok in the beginning, but we really need to work on sticking together next time. Like Shagz said, they always had all the powerups (including weapons), so me and Shagz were running around scavenging for them seperately and then they'd both just come up and clean us up before we could get anything. We did OK in the beginning though, but once they got rolling with controlling the powerups, there was no stopping them. And don't worry about having missed the match James. Anyway, yeah, it was fun nonetheless, and I learned alot.

I was there at 5 for practices and I saw no-one was on, so I went to take a shower and did some other things not relating to computers. Then I came on and saw the messages and I was like "oh no!". :eek:

In regards to the weapons and powerups: Yes that happens a lot in the matches I play in as well (if you have seen the demos, you know it). Glad you still had fun though; hopefully I won't miss the next match.

Last edited:
Glad to see it went well, guys. I'd be no help here as I've got nothing but a living room floor to play on, and a two-button wireless mouse and wireless keyboard (with only two key polyphony) that both lag somewhat. I've got a match on the 1v1 ladder on Tuesday against Severe::LOB::. I figured I had a pretty good chance of losing but this has pretty much cemented it.

I'm having a great time here though. The weather is nice and there's stations on the radio that play music I enjoy.

I'll be back home and playing again on the 29th.

re: radio...I can't imagine many Arizona stations playing Diesel Boy and Thievery Corp...unless they're more progressive than I give them credit for? :)

No but they have a dance station here. Closer than you get in OK by a long shot. And I noticed nobody reported the loss on the ladder! Yikes! I'll do that now.

94-9? Never seen a score that high before in a 20 minute match.

I could mention 404 here, but that would be mean...

Last edited:
kraniac said:
No but they have a dance station here. Closer than you get in OK by a long shot. And I noticed nobody reported the loss on the ladder! Yikes! I'll do that now.

I could mention 404 here, but that would be mean...

Granted we were smoked by 404, but these scores are double those... Pink must've been omnipresent or something. :D

I haven't gotten around to watching the demos yet, but they must be a sight to behold.

Back