May 22th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Generosity Brings Blessings

Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

-Ephesians 3:20-21 (NRSV)

LAST year, after having experienced two decades of the beauty and blessing of being a child of God, I gratefully pledged my house to the Lord for building our church. Since I did not have any other house to live in, I prepared myself to stay with one of my children.

As the time to move approached, I started to pack and planned to move between Christmas 2003 and New Year's Day of 2004. Three weeks before the set time, I was shown a beautiful and bigger house. I loved the house at first sight but felt I could not afford it. However, God, who supplies all our needs, is powerful. Sometimes, God provides for us beyond our expectations. In this case, God made it possible for me to purchase the house, and I moved in before Christmas.

Sitting in my new house, I stand in awe and wonder at what God has done. With a thankful heart I gave away a house, and God gave me back a new one. Now, I thank God not only for blessing me beyond anything I could expect but also for teaching me about giving.

Maimunah Natasha (Jakarta, Indonesia)

Prayer:
Thank you, God, for your unending blessing. Teach us to be your stewards on earth of all you have entrusted to our care. Amen.

Back