May have to shelf TF2 until Valve fixes stuttering issue

My processor is an Intel Core 2 Duo T6400, running 2 cores at 2.0GHz. Shouldn't that be more than enough to process the audio?
depends on how much the graphics are taking up. TF2 is quite intensive behind the scenes and you have to remember notebooks run slower sometimes narrower data busses to and form the cpu's which means they may run at 2.0 but aren't able to be fed all the way due to bus contention issues.

Still have this issue. Thinking of packing up my laptop, flying out to Valve headquarters, and beating a Valve programmer with my laptop until they fix the issue or until I'm too tired to continue beating them.

Still have this issue. Thinking of packing up my laptop, flying out to Valve headquarters, and beating a Valve programmer with my laptop until they fix the issue or until I'm too tired to continue beating them.

Have you tried forcing TF2 to run in direct X 8? I have no idea if it will work on Windows 7 but back when I heard TF2 was said to run better but less pretty in it. Go to your game list, right click TF2, select properties, "Set launch options", and add in "-dxlevel 81". Just throwing it out there I don't know if someone else mentioned it already nor do I really think it will work considering it's simplistic compared to other suggestions. It's just an idea if you haven't tried it.

Last edited:
Have you tried forcing TF2 to run in direct X 8? I have no idea if it will work on Windows 7 but back when I heard TF2 was said to run better but less pretty in it. Go to your game list, right click TF2, select properties, "Set launch options", and add in "-dxlevel 81".
I know I've tried it before, so I would assume it either (a) didn't fix the problem or (b) wasn't worth the loss of visual quality. Probably the first one as I'm not that picky about visual quality so long as the game still looks okay and runs well.

I'm gonna have to fiddle with this now, too...I noticed it happening to me quite a bit last night, and I've never seen it before.

I'm gonna have to fiddle with this now, too...I noticed it happening to me quite a bit last night, and I've never seen it before.
The -heapsize and -dxlevel command line parameters are the only tools I've ever seen make any difference for me. Well, besides -noaudio, but that's right out.

Upgrading from 2GB to 4GB RAM seems to have resolved my TF2 stuttering issues entirely, as explained in greater detail here.

Huzzah!

EDIT: For the sake of reference: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Dell Studio 1737 with an Intel Core2 Duo T6400 and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

Last edited:
Upgrading from 2GB to 4GB RAM seems to have resolved my TF2 stuttering issues entirely, as explained in greater detail here.

Huzzah!

EDIT: For the sake of reference: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Dell Studio 1737 with an Intel Core2 Duo T6400 and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650.

I'm busting out in a gerbil dance now :p .

Back