Mods for instances

Angus_Og

Well, I have started looking into mods that will help us in instances. Particularly the larger ones. If you have one you use or would like me to test please post here.

Here are some I am trying out so far: EasyRaid, RaidTargets and Lookout.

For Paladins

While I have been using Cirk's Blessings since Allanon brought it up, I would like to see the pallies give PallyPower a try. One of the annoying things in raids for pallies is coordinating buffs. This takes the pain out of it. It provides info to the pallies on what buffs each has and what rank (i.e. whether you have improved wisdom and how many points you have in it), shows what buffs each is planning to cast, tracks how much time are remaining on the buffs from each pally and has a casting interface when you want to buff the classes. I think this is certainly worth giving a try.

Cheers.

Grym

CT_RaidAssist, CTRA_BossMods, KLH Threat Meter (especially for BWL) and Decursive, to name a few. :)

For Raid Leaders: CT_RaidTracker and DKPTable

To pass the time during down time: Anzac Holdem :D

I disagree on KLH Threat Meter, it requires everyone to be running it and believe me, its painful enough to get everyone to run the updated version on an existing mod let alone a new mod which falls into the Blizzard "grey" area of use.

We could also get Vent as well. This guy by the name of Chris who plays this character named Reasonable, I think that is what it was, said he would help pay for it as well. Ya might want to ask him about it as well.

lol

I am not a fan of Vent. I think it is poor audio compared to TS. We have a TS server. I am sadden that a few people are unable to run it for unknown reasons. Chris, I did do some research from their site but they had nothing related to what you said. I would strongly suggest you post their forums with the details and see if someone can provide you an answer to why you can't run it on your box.

CT RA is a necessity to be in any of the end game raids so I did not post it. A lot of people do not like threatmeters so I have written that one off. We are not currently using DKP in our runs so I have no need of that either. As for vent, I looked around at about a half dozen companys that offer vent the lowest price I saw was $15 for 50 people. Personally my thought is free or donations??? Free is the way to go. I have used vent and it is superior to TS, but free wins my vote.

Once again, forgive my memory, you do not use teamspeak cause you use a mac or is it cause of issues it causes WoW Reason?

Once again, forgive my memory, you do not use teamspeak cause you use a mac or is it cause of issues it causes WoW Reason?

It causes WoW issues really bad. My screen flickers constently while running TS (yes, even with TS minimized). When I enter instances/raids, etc, my WoW shuts down. However this doesn't occur with Vent so I know it has something to do with TS.

:(

Chris, I have probably have asked you this already but have you tried changing from DirectSound to Wave, under Settings?

This is apparently an issue with some specific motherboards (Realtek audio in particular maybe) and DirectSound.

Do you have a ASUS A7N8X-X board by chance?

Last edited:
Do you have a ASUS A7N8X-X board by chance?

No idea. lol.

I did however try to switch it to Wave and actually...believe it or not....I don't have the lines running across my computer anymore. This is VERY good news. lol. I'll see how it runs in ZG come Friday night. If this holds up, I owe you my first born. lol. And if it holds up, MC here I come!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah, I suspect you do and sadly there is an issue with the nforce audio drivers causing issues with direct sound (used by default with TS) on these boards which cause the problem you are having. I just don't know what board you have or if indeed you are running the RealTek sound *stuff*. This driver is for the ALC 650 onboard sound. If and ONLY if you know you are running the ASUS A7N8X OR have a RealTek onboard sound, install the driver and it should fix the directsound issue. Your other option is to just leave it using wave instead of directsound, it doesn't really make much of a difference in TS.

:D I guess we can count TS as a sort-of-required-mod and therefore, gratz to you on getting TS up and running.

:D I guess we can count TS as a sort-of-required-mod and therefore, gratz to you on getting TS up and running.

Nothing is 100% yet. I just don't have the lines running through my screen atm. Who knows on if it will work or not when I head into an instance. If it does, I'm going to get my Ony quests done ASAP so I can finally be apart of the end game stuff. I need to get my DKP up.

is it raids or just any instance with a party? Either way, we can get a party, convert to raid, and drop into stockades, gnomer, wherever and see what happens...

is it raids or just any instance with a party? Either way, we can get a party, convert to raid, and drop into stockades, gnomer, wherever and see what happens...

I never saw this posted. Sorry Randy. It was in raids. No need to worry anymore though. :p

Thanks to the help of Adam, everything is working fine now. I need to tune my mic a little better so people can hear me, but that's the least of my worries now. TS is up and running for me with zero problems at the moment. I'll be able to attend SGA runs now. I don't have to type everything anymore. YAY!!!

talk to you all later (literally, finally! lol)

- Chris

Back