Morrowind

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mechboy @ Aug. 17 2004,12:57)]First off I don't think god said being gay is a sin.
Romans 1:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.
26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Leviticus 18:22

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]" 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Which is right next to, and equated to:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]23 " 'Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.

Leviticus 20:13

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

I'm not going to get into the main argument but I suggest all of you should go to the nearest library and find a good history of the Church. Read the writings of Ignatius and the other early church fathers (which many find to be amazingly similiar to the sermons today considering they're around 1900 years old). In fact, I think all Christians should do this.

the drinking was sarcasm. I was trying to tell him that people that drink and party are still christian. Since he said catholics drink and party therefore their not christian. It probobly didn't come out right. But he got it I think. ANd in the old testimate they liked to sacrifice animals. Howcome we don't do that anymore.
But if u ever get the chance check out the amount of alcohol bottles a priest gets, specially during christmas.

And I might be wrong but I don't think the word homosexuality or sexually is in the bible. I still think gays should have the same rights as everyone else. If u tell me that your translation of the bible is 100% right with no chance of errors and I'll agree with u. Untill then we'll probobly never agree on the subject.

And personally I'm not sure I want to go to heaven, hell probobly has all the hot chicks.:p
But I don't care if its hell or heaven as long as they have mini donuts. I'm not very christian.

I agree on the subject of parties. Drinking in moderation is perfectly fine. Also, there is a verse in the Old Testament that indicates in the case of tragedy it's "okay" to get drunk once in a while.

Proverbs 31
6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

It's frequent, habitual drunkiness just for the sake of it that should be avoided. In any case, I have found American beer to be disgusting so it's not a problem for me.

As for the animal sacrifices, read the Bible linearly from cover to cover and you'll understand. Also, check every translation you want on the subject of homosexuality and you'll find the same thing (except for several recent aberrations where those verses were purposefully deleted as well as several books of the Bible that people didn't like. God put a verse in there just for warning people not do that...)

Jesus was the final and perfect sacrifice, nothing else needs to be done just accept him

Back