Moses bringing the commandments

Madeline

32:11 When the people saw that Moses delayed in coming down from the mountain, they gathered around Aaron and said to him, “Get up, make us gods that will go before us. As for this fellow Moses, the man who brought us up from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him!”
32:2 So Aaron said to them, “Break off the gold earrings that are on the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.”32:3 So all the people broke off the gold earrings that were on their ears and brought them to Aaron. 32:4 He accepted the gold from them, fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molten calf. Then they said, “These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”

I recently saw "The 10 Commandments" with Charlton Heston - and this scene really stuck to me. How easy it is for us as sinners to not be patient and wait on God who has perfect timing. I find it difficult sometimes to wait and see what God has to say or do in my life. Now I remember the disappointment that Moses felt when he saw the Israelites basically falling into paganism when he had just come down the mount after being with God. What a shock and horror that must have been to Moses (but not God, He isn't surprised by our thoughts and behavior) - the anger that Moses felt enough to smash the tablets because the Israelites didn't deserve them.

I know that I fall away and go back to God. I am very grateful that we have Jesus as an intercessory to speak for us to God. There are times I have no words for what I am going through. Even now I look around (check out any broadcast TV show) and I see how our society is falling into that same hedonistic behavior. I pray for our country that we can turn around with His help, but I see no real effort in that direction.

I also wanted to add how sad it is that Charlton Heston died this last weekend. This man was thrilled with his role as Moses, and it seemed to shape his life. He will be missed.

I know that I fall away and go back to God. I am very grateful that we have Jesus as an intercessory to speak for us to God. There are times I have no words for what I am going through. Even now I look around (check out any broadcast TV show) and I see how our society is falling into that same hedonistic behavior. I pray for our country that we can turn around with His help, but I see no real effort in that direction.

I too have fallen away from God and boy am I glad that His son Jesus is always there to caught me, kick me in the pants and lead me back again. My wife sent me a funny the other day entitled Who is your defense attorney and in the story there was Satan, Jesus and God. Satan was trying to grab this person (sinner) away from Christ recounting ALL that is person (sinner) had done wrong, when it was time for the sinners defense Jesus stepped up, held his hands out and said "Father this one is mine for I have paid for this person in full." and with that God set the person free with ALL thier sins "Paid In Full."
After reading it twice I began to wonder who do I want as my defense attorney when that day comes; F. Lee Bailey sorry Mr. Bailey you just don't measure up to the ultimate defense attorney I have in mind my Savior, my Lord, Jesus Christ.
For further explaination on this read http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?p=283033#post283033 should make better sense.

PS
Mad Keep up the study they are enlighten and AWESOME to read.

Last edited:
I can't count the number of times I haven't just fallen from the path but willingly taken right angle turns to get off the path. I think I worry more then I used to because I hear so many people preaching about how I 'should' be thinking and acting if I 'truly had the Spirit' in me. I hear that stuff and say to myself 'well I still struggle with that' or 'no I'm not so bold as to ask a stranger if they know Christ as their savior'.
Sometimes I don't know who's expectations to believe, I guess I keep judging my walk by what others say about how it 'should' be.

Thinking about our society I look back and remember how every generation has talked about how everything is going downhill during their lifetime. Just thinking about my generation, my mom's, and my grandparents. They all feel like things have been going downhill as far as morals and peoples focus turning to themselves instead of others, worship of money and material things instead of God. The corruption in the priesthood, politics, and business. I really believe that as a nation we had God's blessing at one point but that so many of us have turned our back on Him that he will take that blessing away, after all He's done that before hasn't He?

Doesn't it say something about it's easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle then for the rich to get into heaven? I'm not rich in terms of America rich but compared to so much of the rest of the world I live like a king. I should have all this time to work on my faith and grow stronger in it but instead I let myself be distracted by any little thing that comes along. There is no urgency to my life.

Sorry for wandering around and the babble, I'm not sure where I was going with that.

Crit, you are only saying what a lot of Americans are thinking. There are all sorts of periodicals that agree that our society in the States has lost focus on God and that He has taken His hand off of us. The disagreements come when they try to figure out when it happened, but not that it has.

And I understand the lack of urgency in your life. I have that, too. Funny, when I was on the road driving my truck cross country, I evangelized a LOT. Every chance I had. I read the bible all the time (during my meal breaks, getting up in the morning and last thing at night) and I felt I was in the zone of God's will. I got home and all of that was out the window with so many distractions.

It is so much easier to follow the path when you are by yourself. It is harder when we are home and dealing with all the distractions of job and family. Makes me wonder how others do it. I have a tough time.

Back