Move + Navigation controller for $40 plus tax/shipping on GameStop

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I still have a bit of gift money left and I read that GameStop is selling the Move and Navigation controller for 50% off. I checked the site and it would cost just under $45 with tax and shipping.

But is there really any point? Even at half price, is it worth it to buy a Move and Navigation controller?

Put another way: Are there any Move-enabled games or games that require the Move that are worth buying the controllers (and then, of course, the games) for?

I already own a Wii and the MotionPlus add-on. Motion control is nothing new to me and the Move + Navigation combo doesn't seem all that different from the Wii Controller with MotionPlus + nunchuk combo.

Not only that, but GameStop is, well, cancer.

Half off is a great deal, but the combo would still cost $45--and that's for one set. If I wanted to play any multiplayer Move games with my wife, I'd be looking at another $45.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I still don't understand how billion dollar companies can put out peripherals and continually fail to put out "must have" games with them XD. Oh well I guess if I can figure that out it gives me hope that I could run a company successfully.

Last edited:
This is incredibly tempting if for only one reason: MAG. MAG is, hands down, my favorite military shooter. The controls from Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 are my favorite shooter controls ever (yes... even more loved than keyboard and mouse). The thought of having my two favorite things in shooting games combined? Well... that makes the $45 cost of entry pretty tempting.

Unfortunately, you still need the PlayStation Eye for this to work so far as I understand... so it doesn't look like I (lolpun) could get in for that price. Alas.

And there's the part where the Move exclusive games are... well... underwhelming as a rule. Biggest perk is definitely what it brings to shooters that simply include functionality rather than games that base the experience around it.

I had forgotten about the PS Eye requirement for full Move functionality.

I think I'm going to pass on the Move--probably for good. Now that the Move has been on sale for half price, I'll refuse to pay more than 50% of the MSRP just on principle.

Maybe some day in the distant future I'll be able to pick up a PS Eye for $5 and the other Move gear on the cheap like I picked up the PS2 Eyetoy for $5. :)

Back