My attempt at getting back on LoL Forums...

jamdrew

I wrote this letter as a plea to get unbanned :(

Riot Staff,

I was wondering if you could look into my permanent ban for the forums. I was originally banned for a week because I "necro'd" 3-4 forums that were originally posted in 2009. I haven't received any warnings or anything previously to this ban. I really enjoy the forums and definitely wouldn't repeat the offense knowing that the Riot staff takes this so seriously.

I feel that while this was wrong, the forums that I chose to bump were humorous considering the circumstances of the Ahri delay. The forums I bumped featured sweet leaked information from Zileas about a potential champion release - Malphite. Over 10,000 players looked at this thread because of the title "Zileas leaked some info..." and most of the people laughed and commented on the thread. Even RiotJeffJew took a gander and commented that this brought back some good memories.

The other forum I bumped was called "How will Riot make money?" This was a thread created during beta and in response to the announcement of micro-transactions. Once again, this was kind of humorous considering you guys were sitting on a gold-mine with Ahri....Even I purchased the bundle.

What I did would be qualified as trolling and I understand that, which is why I received a 1 week suspension. But, I've posted a lot of threads on the forums, and if you notice they are never geared toward racism, profanity or any other more extreme things that are seen on the forums. I don't think that a permanent ban is fair. Would it be possible to get this reviewed and revoked? I would understand if I've had other suspensions from the forums, but this is literally my first noted offense on the forums. This just seems a little bit harsh....

Thanks for your time and consideration. I look forward to your response.

-Andrew

Back