New idea

TheRedView

I think it would be cool to have a place where we could all post a 1-5 sentence post about the sermons that our preachers preached about for the day. Just an overall sentence to paragraph about what we learned about, if that makes sense.

So my pastor today preached about being humble and not prideful.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Prov 3:5

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that he may exalt you in due time. 1 Peter 5:6

Basically you want to humble yourself before God and not be prideful. Being prideful puts you in control and makes you want to do things, when we should humble ourselves before God and let him do the work and be ready the way he wants us to be.

I hope that this will take off and can have a lot of new posts every week about what we have learned.

Last edited:
I like this idea. A Christian forum would not be complete without an area to encourage each other with what God is doing in our lives.

I like it. Just for reference, there are some other forums for various similar posts. David's Mighty Men includes Bible studies, discussions on issues facing men, and many other great threads. It is (obviously) for men only. Check this thread for information on getting an invitation. (Ladies, Lydia's is for you. I don't know the specifics on getting an invite, though. Tek, Shyfroggy, or LITSAFALDA: can any of you shine a light on this one?).

The Verse of the Day forums have a daily scripture post with some information about it.

What Does God Say About ... is a place to ask about anything on your heart or mind.

Last edited:
There's a similar thread in CGA General Discussion, but I think this is a great idea. I'd love to see more people post in it.

I'll try to remember to come back to this thread on Sunday afternoons to share a blurb on what I learned that morning.

Sadly i wasnt able to attend church yesterday. :/ Was hoping to see a few posts here about what everyone learned.

Isaiah 6:5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”

In the first five chapters, Isaiah had been pronouncing judgement against various people. Then he got an opportunity to see God. When Isaiah stopped looking around and looked up at God, who is Holy, Holy, Holy - the absolutely pure and righteous, he realized that he was a filthy sinner as well, and not fit to even be in the presence of the Lord.

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

Being cleansed changed Isaiah's outlook.

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

When we realize that we have been cleansed in the eyes of the Lord (through Jesus' atonement), it should change our outlook. When there is a need and a calling from God, do we let other people handle it, or should we make ourselves available? Do we brush God off, or do we respond with "Here am I. Send me!"?

Another interesting side note, re-read the words of the Lord in the last italicized verse above. "And who will go for us?" We believe there is but one God, yet here is another place we recognize there is a complexity to God that we cannot completely understand. This is just another Old Testament example of the fact that the Father, Son, and Spirit have always been together (Re: John 1:1-4)

So ive been busy and havent had much time. I wasnt able to attend church 3 weeks ago due to work. The week after my pastor preached at a festival we have and he preaches at two times a year. It was just a typical public type speech and learning about who God is.

This last sunday i forgot my bible and i dont remember the verses from it, but it was about being able to trust in God and learning about his directions. Wish i would of remembered my bible since im at such a lost on what verses it was :/. Sorry guys. I need to get to it sooner so i can remember exactly the verses and more about the preaching, my fault. :/

Back