New Member Note: Need Healers and AOE Tank

Well if you are giving two people fours sets of items (2 healing, 1 DPS and 1 tank), then you've still only got two people and therefore, can only utilize two of those sets.

Despite the fact that I no longer play, I think more healers would fix that problem.

Not all fights requires a certain number of tanks for that matter. ie... VR needs only three, Gruul, technically two. While HKM, on the way to Gruul requires more.

Well, I suppose things are cleared up, turns out to be a misunderstanding on all sides. Lets try and remember we are all human, we all make mistakes or misunderstand a situation or even the rules.

There may also be other complicating issues. For example, how does one deal with loot when it comes to somebody like Sandric who will switch between tank and heal spec based on the needs of the group and has sets for both and is fully competant at doing both? Tree does the same thing on one of his toons, specs healing or dps based on the needs of the group, has sets for both and is competant at both? Maybe this was a case of an exception, maybe not, hard to tell without full information.

Understood, but I think there is a good point about people who are trying to build their main and their main spec. I don't think it is fair to say, "well, I switch between Ret and Heal and this is my main" when there is a Ret pally who is trying to build his main.

Unless I'm mistaken Sandric's main function/build is tank. I'd say that we should all know or clarify what our main build is and be able to roll on that as a priority.

Just a note, I do not ask for healing loot unless it is going to be sharded. Since Kara is on farm it has allowed me to pickup most of the plate healing pieces since a lot of our pallies have moved on to the T4 and badge gear. I do not have one piece of progression level healing gear. Although not a primary focus, all tanks should work on their secondary sets whenever they can but not at the expense of other mains.

Just a note, I do not ask for healing loot unless it is going to be sharded. Since Kara is on farm it has allowed me to pickup most of the plate healing pieces since a lot of our pallies have moved on to the T4 and badge gear. I do not have one piece of progression level healing gear. Although not a primary focus, all tanks should work on their secondary sets whenever they can but not at the expense of other mains.

totally agree. I am basically trying to the reverse of what you are doing. Healing is my main focus, but if noone wants tank pieces I'll roll for them.

I play at being a tank on Theros.
I play at being a Shadow Priest on Alhana, though I do have a fairly nice heal set that if I enchanted it would grant me well over 1600+ healing and about 200 mp5 in combat.
I play at playing a Gnimish type mage though he doesn't count since he's not in Redeemed and can't tag along for Redeemed functions.

yep, is helpful for pallys to have healing and tanking set. Citgrad is working on his tanking set......a pally, regardless of spec may be needed to heal/dps or occasionally offtank as in aoe'ing multiply targets. Warriors really need to have full raid ready tank and dps set. Most of my dps items have come from ZA or heroic drops, lately HMgt has been really friendly. I have gotten very little out of Kara for the dps set, and never take anything unless all dps plate wearers have passed. I get cranky when a dps warrior says they have no tanking gear and they have no idea how to occasionally offtank a trash mob.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to remember the big picture. Work hard and sacrifice hard to progress through a raid to finally get = FARM status! woot! Once farm status is achieved then the epics start flowing and everyone will get their fair share. Part of being on a raid team is understanding you sacrifice now to bring the farming that much sooner.

We got to trust our raid leaders and loot council that they will have the big picture in mind and make decisions accordingly.

Sorry, definitely not trying to call any names out (sorry Sandric and Tree). I was just saying what is happening when you give people more than one set of loot.

I hated taking healing stuff for Oddbob, even when he was a full-fledged healer.

Definitely not trying to step on anyone's toes.

Last edited:
Back