New world generation options!

Well, playing around, it seems "Lava oceans" does not work. I had one world successfully generate, but it was just water even in the "Deep Ocean" biome. Rats... that would have been cool.

I've given up on some of these attempts... at 15 minutes I figure the game has crashed (does using 0% processor in the Task Manager mean it is stuck, or just incredibly under-utilizing the processor?) or my computer is too weak to make (and then, I suspect, run) them.

Are the built-in presets working for anyone? I tried a couple -- one stalled (the floating islands) and one looked normal ("Good Luck"). The presets did not seem to change any settings when loaded.

Alright, bring on 14w17b! :D

Last edited:
I like the new world border command. Great for PVP if we want together and throw a hunger games together or something.

I played around with it last night for a bit, just going through the settings, and stuff. I generated a couple worlds, but nothing to spectacular. I haven't tried the presets though. For fun, I generated a world with the diamond counts all the way up, that was interesting. Seeing diamonds above ground.. lol.Ill have to play around with it more.

That new world border command is pretty awesome. I can see a lot of good from that. I am wondering though, if it also affects the nether? I know in the current world, I have gone pretty far though the nether (1000 blocks) and opened a portal to the overworld and set up shop there. Im wondering if you put the world border up, if you can travel outside the border, and pop up and be stuck? Something I may have to try. :)

Have you tried it? I wonder if that will get fixed in the official release..

If I had to come up with something, I'd say it should send you back into the Nether. Or the boundary would be applicable in the Nether (divided by 8).

Maybe they could make it more theatrical and trespassers burn while they suffocate. :D

On another note, my experimenting has led to a pretty fun map. It isn't quite Skylands but it has many levels. There's definitely some "sun dweller," "shade dweller," "sea dweller," and "depth dweller" potential. It even runs pretty lag-free on my home computer. I'm mining down from a hill I settled on, and I'm still at y:150.

Back