Next Guild Bible Study - July 24

Elihu

Tribe of Judah Staff Manager
The next guild Bible study will be held on Tuesday July 24th, at 6:30 PM ST. The location for the meeting will be in Talaar in Nagrand. As always the Bible study will be held in the Redeemed Vent server as well as the ToJ Teamspeak server for those wanting to listen in. Hope to see you there!

Exodus 14:1

**Israel is already enslaved to Egypt. (before we are born again we are enslaved to this world)
**God sent a deliverer named Moses to the Israelites. (God sent Jesus for us)
**Delivery from slavery was prophecied/promised by God. (God promised us a way to eternal life with Him through Jesus)
**Pharoah witnessed miracle after miracle. (Satan witnessed miracle after miracle)
**Moses performed miracle after miracle by God. (Jesus performed miracles during his ministry)
**Through miracles and wonders God showed himself and those that followed Him were led out of slavery. (God sacrificed His son and those of us who follow Him will be saved)
**Israelites were brought through the Red Sea, and it was used to swallow up their enemies. (Jesus brought us through to salvation, and his blood swallows up enemies)
**The Israelites went through the wilderness after being rescued from Egypt. (After salvation, we go through a time of growing and maturing, learning to trust in God.)
**Isreal crosses the Jordan into the promised land. (We cross into our spiritual inheritance.) +signifies baptism as well
**Eventual destination = promised land (Heaven)

Exodus 14:8 - And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with a powerful hand. (refers to supernatural signs\wonders)

Exodus 14:10 - Israel cried out in fear.
Exodus 14:11 - Israelites accused Moses of bringing them out to die. (We told you so attitude, which occurs at every need.)

How many times do we follow God to a point that feels like a brick wall, when we are ready to give up or start to second guess God? (perhaps even to the point of wishing to be back at the place we were before or dead instead)

God promised Abraham that his people would be delivered 400 years prior to all of this. (Gen. 12:7 & Gen 13:15)

Jacob's coffin* was an above ground one, as he asked that he be buried with his ancestors and not on Egypt's land. This burial area served as a constant\daily reminder to Israel that they would one day be delivered and would receive the promises of Abraham from God. (Gen. 49:29-33)

Prophecy of our lives has been spoken over us from the very beginning as well. God has planned our lives from before our time in the womb. (Psalm 139:13, Jeremiah 1:5) When we feel like giving up, or question God as to why He has brought us to this point in our lives we have to remember that God has a plan. He makes a way when it seems impossible (Red Sea), and has a promised land waiting for us.

I want to close with this scripture (Matt 10:29-30).

Awesome Bible Study! Thanks for posting it online and sorry I didn't make it. I love it when people draw parallels between the OT and the NT like that. I think it makes a huge statement about man's readiness to receive God's word. It's as if God at first revealed Himself only to His chosen (Israel) because they were ready to receive Him. And then later He revealed Himself to all people in Christ because the world was ready for its Redeemer. I hope to make the next -ingame- Bible Study. And thanks for giving me a reason to install Burning Crusade :p

Back