Nielf City?

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
Okay, what's this Nielf City?

Here's my impression based on the landing room and signs ("rules").
"I hijacked all your portals to bring you here."
"Don't steal, don't grief, don't be disrespectful, let me just go over all the server rules again because we think you need a reminder."
"I made 'stores' but don't use them."
"You can't do anything in here without permission. In fact, you can't even LOOK at it without having an admin, because we don't trust you at all."
"In fact, you're ALL locked out! I brought you here just to gloat about my creation and say you aren't even close to worthy to open it."
"I enjoy wasting your time."

:( If it's not ready, and you don't want us in, and you don't want us to do anything, and you don't trust us.... why take us there?

Last edited:
The city is impressive as a group effort. The person who posted the signs is immature.

I do think that if I wanted my portals connected to something then I would connect them. For someone to connect to my portals without my permission is very close to griefing in my opinion.

But my portals have not been hijacked so...

HAHAH! Thank you!

I told him these very things, but you know, I'm just mom, what do I know. Eh, give him a few years and I'll be so much wiser. heheh! You wouldn't believe the amount of discussion this area has caused in our home. Cata wants in and Soka doesn't want him in. hahah Sibling rivalry.

Actually, there wasn't any discussion and it really was open for people to travel to until ... He told someone that they could build into the walls, and they decided to use TNT to basically blow hole after hole in the walls (which used to be nice and smooth). He also had someone take stuff from his chests without asking. And he had people building there that did not ask him (specifically him) to build. He has plans to lay out streets and doesn't want places built just anywhere. Apparently there was some miscommunications in regard to it being opened and ready for building and not being ready. No, this was not all done by Cata, there were others involved. So now he just doesn't want anyone in there without him being there. If he is there and he trusts you, he will give you the keys to get in.

Still, I told him he shouldn't have portals up unless he wants people there. He said that the portals that he put there were already there before (a couple without asking). Lost/Josh - he said he thought that one of them was yours, but he wasn't sure, that's why he put yours "back" up. [EDIT: He just figured out it was Koah's portal not yours Lost, he said sorry he connect without asking, he thought he was reconnecting. lol] So basically he didn't connect to anyone who hadn't already put one of their own there (again, some without asking). He figured that whoever wants to, can tear theirs down. And since there is a portal room now, anyone who wants to put one in, can put one in if they want without asking.

Eventually, he will have a housing place where people can build their houses. Eventually, he wants it to be a city. This is all eventually, he's not ready for that right now.

He said he would let both of you (Wolf and Lost) know how to get in when he isn't there. You just have to catch him online first.

Thanks for bringing this up. :D

Last edited:
I don't really mind that they put a branch of my portal in there, as long as it was open. It just seemed a waste to link me to a closed room. I mean, if it was a joke, I'm all for those. But it didn't come across as such. :)

Oh, so he had problems with other people building/destroying? Mistakes happen, but if it was on purpose, then I breathe a sigh of disappointment at some people's immaturity.

I didn't even know it was Soka's creation.

I like the city idea. I've thought of that before, making a collaboration with a bit more cohesion and planning, besides our diverse areas claimed in the world. It will be interesting to see.

So when you're ready, you can reactivate my portal in your landing room. And as far as all of those silly signs go... "Listen to your mother. " :D

Actually, I thought about creating my own "sunken city" that would be under pastor's valley, but his is much larger and much cooler. I didn't know we couldn't build and misunderstood. I apologize. But if you need any assistance, let me know. And of course, it looks really cool so far. I don't mind going to visit just to see how it's coming along.

Go to south beach, which is really east of spawn, after you come out of the tunnel head toward your right - it's somewhere out that way .... er .... um ... I think, yea, that way somewhere. :cool:

Or just hit F3, and hike towards X:0 and Z:0. It's just over a day of travel via boat and walking.

Back