noob 80 mage thread

i can tell you that my mage in icc was about 8k up to singadossa and my warrior was hitting up to 9k with trash spikes up to 18k bu those are spikes on average I say I had my mage average 7500-8k and warrior around 8500. but it i also had nights of 6500 so yeah it was everywhere for me lol

It's likely that dual spec will be 100g in Cata instead of the 1000g it is currently. If you have no absolute need to dual spec it might be worth your while to wait for Cata...

In all honesty, my hunter, rogue and mage are 10K+ single target in ICC. Some fights I can be higher on my rogue than my hunter but on average, 10K+ on single target is what I aim for. AOE is largely irrelevant to me. My dps goes down on all my toons if movement is involved as I don't have dots so direct damage, non-moving is key.

On the PTR, i tried a mage with frost, arcane / a shaman with elemental / and a warlock with destruction. The warlock destroyed all the others by a at least 2-3k dps. Keep in mind, this is with no gems and glyphs so who knows what that will do to the numbers for each class.

It's actually why they are taking down the arena seasons between 4.01 and Cata release, simply because while it's not that big of a deal if classes are unbalanced in PVE, it's huge in PVP.

Does 4.01 hit tomorrow? And what about the patch notes for limiting raiding into ICC? Someone in the raid yesterday mentioned that you can only enter ICC once so I take it that means either 10 or 25. It was also mentioned that the description was oversimplified.

*trots off to try and find a linky for here*

They are changing it so 10 and 25 drop the same gear. You can only be saved to one or the other but you can run a raid multiple times with different groups each time, you just can't kill a raid boss twice in a week. (ex: in ICC, if you kill Marrowgar in 10 you can't enter a 25 and kill him again. you can enter with a different group and kill Deathwhisper though and continue from there)

NOTE: ICC and RS will *not* have shared 10/25 loot tables when Patch 4.0.1 hits. While the Flexible Raid Lockout will debut with the next patch, neither the loot tables nor how achievements are tracked in ICC or RS will be changed with this patch.

Q: How does this affect my drops in ICC and Ruby Sanctum?
A: The loot system in Icecrown and Ruby Sanctum is not changing. This implementation of the new flex raid lock is only that, a new implementation of the raid lockout system we'll be using in Cataclysm. This does not change the item drops or achievements in ICC.

Q: How does this affect achievements of ICC and Ruby Sanctum?
A: Not at all. Again these raids will continue to function exactly as they have except for the raid lock changes.

Quoted Blue poster is Bashlok.

Last edited:
Back