November 7, 2007 - A Significant Life

Durruck

Pirate!
A Significant Life
By Jon Walker

We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. (1 Thessalonians 2:8 NIV)

Today’s guest devotional is from Rick Warren, founding pastor of Saddleback Church and author of “The Purpose Driven Life” –jw

God wants to use you to make a difference in his world.

He wants to work through you. What matters is not the duration of your life, but the donation of it. It doesn’t matter how long you live, but how you live.

Once I become a follower of Christ, what’s the most important priority for me?

To tell other people about Jesus!

Once you’ve discovered God has a plan and purpose for your life; once you know that God loves you and wants a relationship with you, then God wants you to turn right around and begin telling other people about the Good News from God.

You and I are the ones assigned to pass on this Good News to others. Somebody told you; now you’re supposed to tell others.

On the outside, people may say, “I’m not interested in Jesus. I’m not into God.” But inside there’s a hole in their hearts – this is a universal hunger. I can honestly say every person I’ve met has this universal hunger for God. They may not even know it yet, but it is there. It’s true all around the world, and it doesn’t matter what a person’s background is – whether or not he or she was brought up religious – the hunger is there. It’s wired into our being.

What now?

· This is how to make your life count – Invest your time and money into helping others get into heaven. It’s an investment that will last for eternity. There is simply nothing more significant you can do with your life. Nothing else you do in life will ever equal helping others in their search for God’s kingdom.

· You can’t take it with you, but you can send it on ahead. Can you imagine getting to heaven and someone says to you, “Welcome! I’m here because of you.” What if hundreds say that to you? Or thousands? Jesus taught that we should store up our treasures in heaven. Our treasures are those brothers and sisters we lead to Jesus.

· Truth statement: God wants to use you to make a difference in his world.

· Faith step: I can pass what I know about Jesus to someone else.

© 2007 Jon Walker. All rights reserved.

Back