Old and New Friends

Icthus

Hello all,

As this area seems to be lacking life, I wanted to remind those interested many of our Redeemed brethern have joined together with SOLA on Wyrmrest Accord.

If you are considering coming back for Warlords of Dranor, or as I like to call it, fixing our first and greatest screw up BC, check out the community.

Grace and Peace to all,

Icthus

I'm sure SOLA is a fine guild, but instead I'd like to encourage folks to stick around in Redeemed and build it up!

I'd also like to politely ask that folks don't continue to recruit from one christian guild to another.

SOLA is not only a fine guild but a partner with CGA and ToJ. So calling post like my recruiting is a bit out of line.

Please respect the partnerships that were made before you began posting.

I'm not intending to be insulting. I'm sorry you took my request that way. It was merely a reflection of my desire to see Redeemed grow towards a healthy community in and of itself.

I guess I have to ask if this is a reasonable request. Does Redeemd have active officers and leadership currently? Are there plans in the works for some? What is Red’s vision for the Xpac and 2015? If you are just requesting that a bunch of old friends come back together and fall into a guild to play, I am not sure that is fair. Most of us want more than this.

SOLA has a solid Vision, active and engaged Christian leadership, and a family-friendly environment. The old members of Redeemed are now scattered all over servers and guilds. We desire to bring some of our old friends back into the game and give them a great home.

If Red truly is trying to get back in action then I can see how recruiting should be avoided, but as I see it, the time has passed and most all have moved on. You are the only person I have seen show interest in Red in close to a year now.

Icthus is trying to encourage those that play WoW or those are considering coming back, that there is a place they may find accommodating to them.

I apologize if I missed that something is brewing here in ToJ. I will gladly remove this post if so, but I visit these forums just about daily, so I feel I have a decent pulse on what the situation is.

Last edited:
ewoksrule,

I recognize that I'm in the minority here on the forums in terms of wanting to regrow Redeemed.

In response to what you've said, I believe we either should

1) Disband Redeemed

or

2) Respect it

This middle path of recruiting membership while it deteriorates, and potentially contributing to the deterioration, is neither necessary nor the right way to go about things.

Just because one believes that something is currently better doesn't mean that is good to reduce the membership or participation in that which you don't believe is doing well.

As to your question, I am an officer, and I am interested in growing Redeemed, thus my respectful request.

Well I agree that something should be done as well. Either declare it dead or breath some life into it. Letting it sit around in the current state is just painful for all of us who remember it's glory days. It is not my call as I have only a token toon in the guild these days. I would hope that you can get an officer meeting going soon and make some decisions on it's future. I do not want to contribute to its deterioration but I also don't want good people to feel forced into R-rated guilds because they don't see an alternative.

This is an alternative, while not a lot goes on in the forums, there are folks on most nights, sometimes 5 or 6 at a time.

Also, another path is for folks that are still visiting the forums here to come back and help restore it to new glory days.

My original respectful request remains until such time as Redeemed is officially shut down.

This is one of those really difficult things. I agree that there shouldn't be any recruiting for other guilds in a guild's official forum, regardless of how said guild is doing. The only time I can see it being ok is if/when the guild is shut down entirely as an option for the people being stranded. It's just straight disrespectful for the people currently active in the guild. Do unto others and all that.

That said, Redeemed is in a catch-22 state right now. It needs more active members in order to get more members. I had stuck with Redeemed so long after its glory days that I forgot what being in a large and active guild felt like. Then I met my now wife and moved a character over to horde-WrA to join her RP guild... and it was a completely different game, logging in at off hours and having 10-15 people on, and actually seeing other guildies randomly while doing stuff in the world. It was a literal breath of fresh air into my WoW experience (I was slowly growing more and more bored with the game, because the social aspect just wasn't there). Ever since I've spent less and less time on Redeemed because it just can't compete socially. I feel that this is EXACTLY why people have been moving. Its small size + being on a lowish pop PvP server make it almost impossible to grow back without actual dedication to do so by those who had left it. People play with their friends on MMOs, and for long time players (like me) that usually means server hopping over the course of a career. I've seriously created a mage as my first character on Crushridge, migrated to Korgath, migrated Dunemaul, and finally Stonemaul, and will probably eventually join my characters on WrA-Horde. It's the unfortunate side-effect of sharded servers.

What this means for Redeemed is that if it wants to grow again as a guild, it will have to have an active Guild Leader and a powerful recruitment drive (probably a dedicated Recruiter), drawing back old and incorporating new members. Which will be hard. WoW is an old, old, entrenched MMO with not much in the way of new blood anymore.

Yeah, it's a tuff call. We'll see how things shape up after WoD is released. I'm not sure if Redeemed can be a guild just for Christians though anymore. There is no longer the player base out there, especially on our server. I think we can still be a Christian guild, but we should consider opening it up so anyone that is interested can join. Just as long as they're respectful others, play in a family fun environment and is respectful to the Christian faith, I think they should be welcome to join. Maybe put them on probation for a month and then go from there. I doubt we'll be having any bible studies and/or prayer meetings anytime soon, just focus on playing in a relaxed, friendly, helpful atmosphere. :)

I agree that there shouldn't be any recruiting for other guilds in a guild's official forum, regardless of how said guild is doing. The only time I can see it being ok is if/when the guild is shut down entirely as an option for the people being stranded. It's just straight disrespectful for the people currently active in the guild. Do unto others and all that.
Agreed.

Much <3 to SOLA, but I agree that recruiting for a guild in another guild's forum is often considered bad netiquette. That being said, I'm not upset with Icthus (How can I be upset with the man who took the reins of Redeemed after my brief stint as guild leader? I remain grateful to this day!) or ewoksrule (Dude's been around ToJ a long, long time and been a wonderful help during many seasons of ToJ's history) and I have no reason to doubt that both have the best interests of their friends and fellow Christian gamers in mind.

I also don't think Lethalon was out of line for voicing his concerns. Nothing in his post sounded disrespectful to me. I've been in his position, trying to drum up activity after the apparent "glory days" are over. It's difficult and it's easy to get discouraged when most people--understandably--just want to log in to the game and play. Not many are able or willing to invest the time and effort to help build up a guild.

I think this expansion represents the best opportunity to breathe new life into Redeemed and I would ask our friends, old and new, to respect our efforts. You don't necessarily need to agree with our approach--it takes all kinds!--but I would ask for respect.

And for other guilds looking to recruit: Please hit up the CGA General forum and post a recruiting call! One of the purposes of the CGA is to help promote Christian gaming groups. It's always an encouragement to see Christian guilds using CGA General to promote their groups.

Last edited:
Back