Our server is temporarily a cesspool

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I've just spent about half an hour moderating our server. In that time, I've warned and permanently banned three or four people. I haven't updated to version 1.6 (my heart is with Natural Selection, sorry) so I can't check on this, but someone said that the server rules don't show up when they join.

I also can't admin_slap or admin_slay, which leads me to believe that Admin Mod is no longer available.

Without these administration tools (and until HLSW releases a version that handles SteamIDs), my only options are to kick and ban. I have warned so many people about profanity, but without posted rules, I really don't have precedence for hauling off and banning half the server like I want to right now.

Please advise. -_-

three warnings they are banned..

just my oppion, and it should be a zero tolerance, because our name should still be posted as ToJ Christian server or something to that like

You need a different set up with Admin mod.. still, AMX mod works if u set it up properly.. bah!

If you have 1.6, i don't think the warning would show cuz steam cancesl all that stufs into blankscreen

Yes, we just upgarded the server and the folks over at Adminmod and/or AMX mod are not sure of the stability of the 3rd party tools such as Adminmod on the new versions. They are currently being tested.

In the meantime, the server name hasn't changed. Things have really changed with this new version and apart from trying to get accumstomed to the new client, I also am trying to get familiar (again) with the server. I do plan on installing the 3rd party tools soon, when I hear success stories of other server admins.

So, if you feel like policing the server then do so. It will be very difficult to try and maintain the rules, when yes - there are none posted and second - we have no easy way to police the server without the tools we had.

Good luck, and thanks for your patience during this transition.

Oh, and I'm thinking about installing AMX instead of Adminmod...but we'll see what works the best.

Back