PASTOR'S CORNER

Wirl

on to something new...
Hey everyone,

I wanted to start a (semi)weekly venue to express some things that the Spirit is pressing upon me (hence why I said "semi," since I might not catch what Daddy's saying).

FIRST AND FOREMOST!

I want to establish some ground rules on this thread...

#1: I AM NOT GOD. To think otherwise, and to think that I think that way is silly.

#2: Since I am not God, everything I type needs to be weighed against the WORD of God. Since I'm human, I will be wrong on certain issues.

#3: This is just a loving, edifying thread to help build each of us as we go through the Kingdom, and try to introduce others to the Master.

NOW...

Philip. 1:6 (KJV)
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (emphasis added)
If we let HIM "work" in us, soon that "work" in us will start to be the "work" out of us...
James 2:26 (KJV)
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. (emphasis added)
Philip. 2:12 (KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (emphasis added)
So let HIM WORK in you so HE can WORK OUT of you.

PRAISE AND GLORY BE UNTO HE WHO IS STILL ALIVE AFTER THE CROSS!!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
:D

Hey Pastor!!
Mind if I join you in these posts? I have things that have been put on my heart as well. Or should I have Eskimo's thread? hehe

Religion v's Relationship

This is a topic that can still bottle neck any "Christ" centered discussion within the church today. So lets look at it...

RELIGION:
It is used 4 times in the King James;
Acts 26:5
Gal 1:3
James 1:26
James 1:27

Each time the definition that is used is the one Webster used for his dictionary:
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/religion
Main Entry: re·li·gion
Pronunciation: ri-'li-j&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English religioun, from Latin religion-, religio supernatural constraint, sanction, religious practice, perhaps from religare to restrain, tie back -- more at RELY
1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
- re·li·gion·less adjective

OK

Now take the word love, which is foremost in any relationship. Webster's definition is as follows:
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/love
Main Entry: 1love
Pronunciation: 'l&v
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lEof dear, Latin lubEre, libEre to please
1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties <maternal love for a child> (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests <love for his old schoolmates> b : an assurance of love <give her my love>
2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion <love of the sea>
3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration <baseball was his first love> b (1) : a beloved person : DARLING -- often used as a term of endearment (2) British -- used as an informal term of address
4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another: as (1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind (2) : brotherly concern for others b : a person's adoration of God
5 : a god or personification of love
6 : an amorous episode : LOVE AFFAIR
7 : the sexual embrace : COPULATION
8 : a score of zero (as in tennis)
9 capitalized, Christian Science : GOD
- at love : holding one's opponent scoreless in tennis
- in love : inspired by affection

Love occurs in the King James text 310 times from Old to New Testaments

So you tell me, just from a re-translation of a latin translation from the original Greek and Hebrew, which do you think is more important?

RELIGION OR RELATIONSHIP?

Paraphrase???

I pose a quesiton to all my brothers and sisters...

Would you concider the King James translation a translation or a paraphrase?

The King James Version came from a latin text, translated from original Greek and Hebrew source that is in the possession of the Catholic church.

So, for example, if the Living Bible was a paraphrase ("The preface of the New Testament published in 1967 states that the paraphrase is based upon the American Standard Version (1901), and this agrees with Taylor's statement in a 1973 interview (1) that the ASV was in front of him as he worked on the paraphrase." [emphasis added] http://www.bible-researcher.com/lbp.html ) would the King James version also fall into this catagory, since it is from a Latin text translated earlier???

Something to think about.

(NOTE: In no way is this thread intended to belittle or defraud the King James Verison of the Bible. The author of this thread uses the King James often, and quotes from it often. Also, naming the Catholic church in this thread is not an attack on that denomination also. The author of this thread has close family that is in that denomination, however he does not practice those traditions.)

Jesus is the door that we all go in & OUT(?).

KJV John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

I was reading this in the Bible, and I thought it odd that the Master would say in AND OUT of this door. I mean, Paul gives very graphic detail as far as what would happen to those who "leave" the faith never to re-enter.

Yet when I looked at it again, the Spirit pressed this on me...

Jesus takes us into the Kingdom, then sends us OUT into the world to bring more into the Kingdom.

So have you passed through that door yet???

If you've asked Jesus to save you, you have, now ask Him where he wants you to go OUT to spread the news.

Ignore this message

the_great_eskimo_pie said:
Hey Pastor!!
Mind if I join you in these posts? I have things that have been put on my heart as well. Or should I have Eskimo's thread? hehe

Hey all, I decided that if I wanna sday something, I will just post my thoughts on my own thread. THis is Pastors space for what he has to say.

Sorry Pastor, was not a cool thing for me to bump in on your posts...

THIS IS FOR THE MARRIED ONES IN THE CLAN

Have you ever wondered if there was a connection between sex and God???

I know that in Genesis, (Gen 1:28) God told Adam and Eve to be "fruitful and multiply," meaning have many children.
So sex was a good thing, since everything was good at the beginning.

Sex of course is holy and right between a husband and wife,

(BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER I AM NOT TRYING TO BE DISGUSTING OR SACRELIGIOUS, IT'S SOMETHING THAT GOD HAS SHOWN ME RECENTLY)

They are husband and wife through marriage, and we, the Church, have a marriage relationship with Jesus (Rev 21:9).

HOWEVER(!!!) we do not have sex with Jesus, yet we have an intimacy with Him that is extremely huge.

Husbands and wives get a taste of that intimacy through sex. It's when they are both at their closest in the marriage and with each other. They share each other physically and spiritually.
This is the same intimacy that Jesus wants with us, set forth by example, physcially, by sex in marriage. Jesus desires to have that relationship that we can be close to Him that we can "touch" Him, and we can "share" Him, through His Holy Spirit.

So you Wives, I envy you becuase you get to see things from the Church's point of view. And Husbands, we need to realize that we're coming at this from Jesus' perspective, so we need to make doubly sure that we respect it in every way.

PRAISE BE TO THE GOD OF LOVE, and HIS SON JESUS who showed us that LOVE!!!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS???

Hey brothers and sisters...

I recently read a Christian magazine that was dealing with the subject of Hell.

They found that there are some Christian believers that DO NOT believe in Hell.
That's Right!
These individuals think that God is so loving that He would not create someplace like that and condemn people to it.

Well, if they'd just open their Bibles they's see WHY Hell was created (book of Revelations, man there is a lot in that book), and they will also find out that it is not God that condemns people to Hell, it's the people themselves (John 3:16 anyone).

If a person does not accept the gospel, they accept the alternative. 'nuf said'

WOOT THANG for the MASTER DADDY ON HIGH!!!

Hey Gang,

And this one goes out to the men in the clan...

Are you a manly man or a Godly man???

Yeah, there is a difference. So which are you?

More on this subject later, wanted to temp your taste buds on this bread...
LOVE YA'S
GOD BLESS!!!

I am a man that is in a process of being conformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. Glory to God!

Last edited:
Chance has not brought this ill to me;
It's God's own hand, so let it be, for He sees what I cannot see.
There is a purpose for each pain, and He one day will make it plain that earthly loss is heavenly gain.
Like a piece of tapestry viewed from the back appears to be only threads tangled hopelessly; But in the front a picture fair rewards the worker for his care, proving his skill and patience rare.
You are the Workman, I the frame.
Lord, for the glory of Your Name, perfect Your image on the same.
AMEN!
Your brother in Christ's service forever,
Jeshurun
P.S. Matthew 11:26

A Guy I met today.....

I know that we've all heard about "crazy people," and "lunatics that run in our society," but I met a man today that makes me think I am a crazy and lunatic even more than I was.

He shared with me in a 45 minute peroid the last 9 years of his life, included in his testimony was his complete rejection of God, his death, his (and this was very brief) audience with the Father, the chronic illness and suffering that his wife went through after he came back from death (he stated he was dead for 6 minutes)(oh and btw, that is clinicly brain dead if you didn't know) and the spiritual experience that they had together the other night. Using him as the conduit, the Holy Spirit completely healed his wife of a deadly form of ashma and restored her strength and vitality. Oh and this just happened Wedneday night. His wife is officiating a wedding this Sunday.

He went into the fact that while all this happened doctors diagnost him with bi-polar, schizophrenia, and other mental illnesses. His daughter is studying to become a pshyciatrist to "help her daddy."

Yet, as I listened to him I kept getting the same feeling, this guy is legit! I did think for a bit that he was trying to be over-dramatic, but as I listened further, I heard him speak. If this guy was crazy, then I want to sign up...

Here are some of his words...

"Jesus is all about love, nothing more complicated than that."

"When you accept one of the Trinity, you get the other two as well."

"God didn't make one color (of people) better than others..."

"Jesus died for everyone..."

"We don't want to alienate anyone, because if we can keep from doing that, we'll bring them into the flock."

Ok, if that is crazy, then I think a lot more people need to get diagnost as well.
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Thank you God for letting this man come into my life, just for a glimor and remind me that You are simple, and loving, and that ANYONE can be used by You in anyway You see fit to use them.
PRAISE BE UNTO OUR GREAT AND GLORIOUS, LOVING GOD!!!

True Christian Brotherhood

I've always wondered what it would have been like in the early AD's, when the early church would cover each other in all aspects of life.

Back in the day, each church member would give checks and balances to other church members so that each of them could stay in the will of the Most High.

Just recently, I got to experience that first hand...

As most of you know, I am going to go back to college, and as most of you know, I have the pastorial calling on my life...

Well, some VERY LOVING brothers and sisters in Christ called me on the carpet about my going back to school. I know most people would say that it really wasn't any of their business. HOWEVER, I'm a brother in Christ with them. They were making sure that I wasn't slipping from The Will.

Fortunately, I was happy to let them know that Daddy was the one who told me to persue school. But I want to say to them...
THANK YOU BROTHER AND SISTER!!!

PRAISE BE TO GOD FOR OUR FAMILY IN CHRIST!!!!

I don't think PW will mind if I post this here. I was reading this morning from the Psalms and wanted to share it with you. I read this in several translations but have chosen to copy it from The Message.

(Psa 103:1) A David psalm. O my soul, bless GOD. From head to toe, I'll bless his holy name!

(Psa 103:2) O my soul, bless GOD, don't forget a single blessing!

(Psa 103:3) He forgives your sins--every one. He heals your diseases--every one.

(Psa 103:4) He redeems you from hell--saves your life! He crowns you with love and mercy--a paradise crown.

(Psa 103:5) He wraps you in goodness--beauty eternal. He renews your youth--you're always young in his presence.

(Psa 103:6) GOD makes everything come out right; he puts victims back on their feet.

(Psa 103:7) He showed Moses how he went about his work, opened up his plans to all Israel.

(Psa 103:8) GOD is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, he's rich in love.

(Psa 103:9) He doesn't endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever.

(Psa 103:10) He doesn't treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs.

(Psa 103:11) As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him.

(Psa 103:12) And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins.

(Psa 103:13) As parents feel for their children, GOD feels for those who fear him.

(Psa 103:14) He knows us inside and out, keeps in mind that we're made of mud.

(Psa 103:15) Men and women don't live very long; like wildflowers they spring up and blossom,

(Psa 103:16) But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly, leaving nothing to show they were here.

(Psa 103:17) GOD's love, though, is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him, Making everything right for them and their children

(Psa 103:18) as they follow his Covenant ways and remember to do whatever he said.

(Psa 103:19) GOD has set his throne in heaven; he rules over us all. He's the King!

(Psa 103:20) So bless GOD, you angels, ready and able to fly at his bidding, quick to hear and do what he says.

(Psa 103:21) Bless GOD, all you armies of angels, alert to respond to whatever he wills.

(Psa 103:22) Bless GOD, all creatures, wherever you are-- everything and everyone made by GOD. And you, O my soul, bless GOD!

This is to encourage you all in your day to day lives. I tell you what after reading this and be reminded of the promises of God. It will lift you up and strengthen you. It will encourage and fill you.

Come to the table, pull up a chair and eat of the food of the Spirit

FOCUS

Read Matthew 6:33

The Message
Jesus said:
Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

New Living Translation
Jesus said:
and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.

The Amplified Bible
Jesus said:
But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

New American Standard
Jesus said:
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Re-align your focus. The Kingdom is at hand (man that sounds familiar). As long as we keep Jesus our focus, and His Will, all (and I MEAN ALL) our desires will be met. Every need, will no longer be a need, they will be __________________.

Fill in the blank, see what Daddy says to your spirit.
PRIASE BE TO GOD!!!

Proverbs 27:23 (MsgB) said:
Know your sheep by name; carefully attend to your flocks;

Having the calling of pastor on your life, you pay attention to verses that refer to sheep/flocks/shepherds.

When I read this one, the first thing that jumped to my mind where the huge churches that are all over the United States. Now, first, I have no problem with super-churches, as long as the do the work of the Master. But, I wondered do those Pastors know the name of their sheep, in the flock?

We all know that the Master knows each and everyone of us, by name, and even better, by the number of hairs on our heads.
A sheep shepherd almost knows the same for his sheep. He examines them every morning looking for parasites/ticks or skin illnesses.

I want to be dillegent in the fact that I know the sheep that God provides for the flock that I am to watch over.

I read something in Mere Christianity (C. S. Lewis, and it ROCKS), that we're tenants of these bodies, for the landlord who owns them. Well the same is true for a pastor. The pastor is an under-shepherd, he doesn't own the sheep but he's been 'hired' to watch over them and receives a fee for his services.

Yet, all pastors need to be alert for Jesus gave a warning to all pastors. We need to stay focused on the course or this will happen...
John 10:12-13 (MsgB) said:
A hired man is not a real shepherd. The sheep mean nothing to him. He sees a wolf come and runs for it, leaving the sheep to be ravaged and scattered by the wolf. He's only in it for the money. The sheep don't matter to him.

PRAISE BE, & THE GLORY TO THE GOOD SHEPHERD!!!
PRAISE BE TO JESUS!!!!

Back