Picked up Enchanting....

Shebaely

Well, since I got my mount, I went ahead and picked up Enchanting. It is something I have wanted to play and learn more about for awhile now. So any hints, suggestions, recipes, etc, feel free to throw my way. I know I have lots to learn there. My plan is to try to run through some of the lower instances and get greens to DE for mats.

twinmfg2 said:
Well, since I got my mount, I went ahead and picked up Enchanting. It is something I have wanted to play and learn more about for awhile now. So any hints, suggestions, recipes, etc, feel free to throw my way. I know I have lots to learn there. My plan is to try to run through some of the lower instances and get greens to DE for mats.

I'll see if I can't run ya through Deadmines a few times this weekend to get you a lot of lower level mats. First thing to know is, only DE up until lvl 50 enchanting. You can gain levels from DE'ing things up until level 50 so you might as well take advantage of that instead of wasting mats.

It's an expensive profession. So be prepared to burn a ton of expensive mats on it. Also once you get ready to get to Artisan level of Enchanting it's time to head into Uldaman, and bring your hubby along, so he can aoe the bugs.

Thanks for the advice.

I got a bunch of REALLY cheap stuff from the AH yesterday and DE'd to 50. (I'm talking greens for less than 15 silver each.) Then enchanted with the lowest level, but credit giving stuff, until I hit 125. I think that is what I am at now.

I just thought it would be fun. I have done engineering, leatherworking, tailoring, alchemy, and just wanted something different. And since I have Tailoring, I thought I would add this to it. I can always run to my dear sweet hubby for help if I need money. ;) (probably not, hehe) But seriously, he did give me a bunch of cloth to make small items to DE last night. That is what helped me get it up to 125 in a day. Ain't he sweet!

Last edited:
I also just switched over to ench at lvl 60 with Deltara... did DM run for lowbie stuff, and it was about 1 hr solo and got almost 20 green/blue
easy-peasy so I recommend it for getting started

I've got an enchanter at about 275 ish and what I've noticed is you really have to start selling enchants at that level to be able to supply yourself with mats for the next levelling. No longer can you "afford" to just level up by enchanting your own stuff as most of the supplies for 1 enchant are about 20 g or more. I now have to decide how seriously I am going to take enchanting and whether it's worth really pursuing it or taking a back seat and seeing if the mats fall in my lap.

I did notice that while I was levelling 150-250 ALL of my characters had no money because I kept sending all greens that the guild wasn't interested in to Weeamber to d/e. That meant that I wasn't getting the little gold infusions that vendoring or auctioning them would have given. Now that my levelling has "levelled" off (pun intended) my other characters seem to be doing a bit better too.

the advantage I have there, is that Ive levelled as a skinner/herbalist so I sold a lot of stacks for $$ as I went so right now, Del is pretty loaded I think (200ish G) so I can afford to DE instead of AH
i also have some stacks of herbs still in the bank to sell if I get really strapped for cash

I have a lot of mats on my bank character that you can have if you want them. I don't enchant items anymore. I use the profession just for DE'ing items. It helps a lot when there is not an enchanter in the group.

When I log in this evening with Reasonable, send me a tell and remind me. I'll hop on my bank character and send the mats your way.

ttyl,

Chris

I also have a lot of low-to-mid level enchanting materials (including large and small shards, essences) left over... please let me know what you need and I'll send everything I've got your way. I have the materials on IMCU - just send him an in-game mail... or post here (and update the list of what you need every few days. I'll watch for an update and pass you as much as I can.

Thanks so much for all your help. The update is this.... I have got Shebaely up to 225 enchanting already. So now I just need to figure out all the supplies I need and head into Uldaman. Also, REALLY need to figure out how much to charge others for enchants. I am up to using any extra supplies yall have. I will try to figure out what I am needing that will still give me skill ups. Thanks again!

To get past 225 - you'll need a lot of dream dust and Greater Nether Essence. (I could be wrong about the dusts, but I know I went thru about 40 GNE's)

Astral Essences? I should have a few of those. if you don't have them waiting on you next time you log in, in-game mail IMCU. I've been up most of the night at work, and I'm not likely to remember reading this by the time I get home in 2 hours.

Back