Please Pray the Supreme Court Makes a Godly Ruling

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
With the supreme court to make a ruling on the constitutionality of bans on same sex marriage I thought it appropriate to make a post requesting prayer for a Godly ruling.

If the ruling comes out for traditional marriage maybe our nation will get a reprieve, albeit probably short, if not you can look forward to increased fracturing of the church, divorce and persecution of Christians. I suppose it's our own fault by being silent that it's come so far so I at least wanted to post here. Historically Christians in America have had it easy for so long. I pray we all have the courage to go the distance should we have to make the choice, God's way or the world's.

Last edited:
Sadly, this country has lost its way and the Supreme Court will just stay the course. The ship's captain is also sailing as fast as possible away from the Lord's desires.

On a similar note, I was driving past a "church" the other day that had its sign read "Same sex marriage is NOT a sin, embrace it with the love of Christ":confused:

I suppose it's our own fault by being silent that it's come so far
Being silent? Christians in this nation have hardly been silent. But there are many voices. And Christ Himself told us not to be surprised if the world hates us, since it hates Him. Quite frankly, I'm surprised we've had such a long run of freedom. I can only give God the glory for that.

All that being said, the good news is that the Church tends to do pretty good when persecution comes along. Probably something to do with removing those who are half-hearted about following God. I don't desire persecution, but I'm not exactly fearing it either.

Being silent? Christians in this nation have hardly been silent. But there are many voices.
Well the first bit of silence I find is it's rare to find modern entertainment with a Christian worldview. Yes the world loves it's sin in media but I've long opined the lack of quality Christian entertainment and there is no good reason for it. If most JRPGs (and most anime) show humans saying "we don't need God" and dum, dum, DUM the church is evil why don't Christians simply write the opposite? What Christians seem to have failed to realize is most people can't be found drawing water at the well anymore. People are in their own internet worlds of movies and games but we aren't. This is a deafening silence when you think about how much time people spend there. Even with Christians you can't expect to go to Church on Sunday and be exposed to GTA, Family Guy and Jon Stewart the other six and remain unchanged. What little entertainment with a Christian worldview there is is mostly written for the saved not to reach the unsaved. Where are the Christian action heroes who show there is a time to fight and a time for mercy? The Christian romance where the ultimate reward is not to bed the woman? In the case of homosexuality where are the stories that say marriage is more than about "happiness" but completion. That men and women are different, that they each have their own strengths and from that places to call their own! These are simple fundamental things that can be written because we should be living them in real life, yet they aren't. You are right in thinking it's hard to be heard over so many voices but we do have outlets. If Steam allows the selling of "My Boyfriend the Space Tyrant", " Gone Home" and "Hatred" why aren't there scores of games with Christian worldviews on there?

I suppose also that my own personal silence colors my perspective too. I've never denied Christ, and I am openly a Christian everywhere, but many times I've encountered opportunities with my TF2 team where I believe it very appropriate to have said something but didn't. They are almost as far out there as you can think by the way. Yet I get the feeling most Christians are like me. Staying in our own world expecting things to remain unchanged. A purely defensive battle cannot be won you will lose by attrition eventually. You've seen the resistance I've gotten by simply mentioning homosexuality on these sheltered forums alone. Why am I, the Hikikomori, the shrinking violet, the uneducated, the guy with no social skills or experience, the one that talks when Christian values are being attacked? Yet I keep coming back to if I don't say something who will? I'm not one to pursue contention but when fundamental values, which have clear Biblical support, are being attacked there shouldn't be any hesitation from a Christian to, politely, support them.

All that being said, the good news is that the Church tends to do pretty good when persecution comes along. Probably something to do with removing those who are half-hearted about following God. I don't desire persecution, but I'm not exactly fearing it either.
Certainly it does separate the faithful from the lukewarm. I fear but I fear for the lack of my own strength and wisdom so I ask God for them to endure for Him.

Last edited:
Some Christians do believe that this is ok and some not. This is really sad.

I suggest to pray about this globally and ask for God's guidance about this.

Well the first bit of silence I find is it's rare to find modern entertainment with a Christian worldview.
The instant you move into the commercial sphere you are relying on the world to PAY for the message you are trying to bring. . .a message they are inclined to hate. The brutal, violent, profane game succeeds because it appeals to what the world loves. Christian games and/or movies aren't taking the message to the masses. They are merely reinforcing and entertaining the folks who are already believers. You cannot expect Christian values in games and movies to compete commercially in an arena where they are not wanted. Simple supply and demand.

And who do you blame for this failure? The Church? Why? God didn't tell us to go out and entertain the unsaved with wholesome entertainment. He said to go out and preach to them. And that the world would hate us for it.

Blaming the Church as a whole for what you perceive as failings does absolutely nothing. We each need to make sure that we are doing what we are called to do and stop worrying about what our brother is called to do (John 21:20-22). Do you feel called to change the entertainment industry? Go for it. But don't turn around to your brother and say "why haven't you done this?" It isn't our place to accuse our brethren in such a manner.

The instant you move into the commercial sphere you are relying on the world to PAY for the message you are trying to bring. . .a message they are inclined to hate. The brutal, violent, profane game succeeds because it appeals to what the world loves. Christian games and/or movies aren't taking the message to the masses. They are merely reinforcing and entertaining the folks who are already believers. You cannot expect Christian values in games and movies to compete commercially in an arena where they are not wanted. Simple supply and demand.

I'd expect at least some secular people saw the Narnia movies. If Christians, who report to have values, will watch Family Guy it can work the opposite way. For half the movies nowadays CGI is the draw and I don't believe many secular people care to research and see if one tells the story of Fern Gully, aka Avatar, or a Godly one. The secular world, for the most part, just doesn't care about anything as long as you entertain them. Did anyone buy FFX because they heard they got to fight God? Just do the opposite and have a God who loves you so much he dies for you, they might even find it original considering JRPGs. Yes the games would be milk because they couldn't stand the stronger stuff but milk is far more than they are getting now. You could at least compel them to begin thinking and put positive examples of Christianity out there as opposed to nothing. Certainly sin is a draw and we can't put boobs on the cover but we are perfectly capable of making it shiny and having good game play. For many unsaved that is still enough to buy it. You could have the game play of Half Life 2, Street Fighter, FTL, Skyrim (your fav :p ;) ), or all those JRPGs, with a Christian worldview and I don't think many would care. Good grief people bought Goat Simulator!

If you want to put it another way why does the message of Christ succeed at all in a world that loves the brutal, violent and profane? It's written in a book, told with words and actions yet putting it in a game makes the Holy Spirit fail? No I believe a game could succeed but it must be done with both faith and works. Conveying sound Christian doctrine while serving the purpose for which a game is defined, having good game play.

And who do you blame for this failure? The Church? Why? God didn't tell us to go out and entertain the unsaved with wholesome entertainment. He said to go out and preach to them. And that the world would hate us for it.

I don't believe wholesome entertainment and preaching have to be separate. I don't believe anything but immorality should be separate from our faith. The entertainment I find most memorable is that which compels thought and meaning through emotion. The original Star Wars could have just as soon told a Christian story of redemption instead of a Taoist one. It's not that complicated. Paul became all things to all men to reach them for Christ. In an age where only media reaches some people should not some of us become media makers to reach them for Christ?

As far as blame it's more a question of this makes no sense (EDIT: Though I could question Christians supporting some things has lead us here). Christians either seem to go with the secular flow, write something harmless but unedifying, or they write something specifically for the saved. It's like the guy who made a Christian Comic book about angels. It might have been an excellent comic, I don't know, but why angels of all subjects? If we are to apply Christian values to our real lives they should be applicable to fictional ones too.

Blaming the Church as a whole for what you perceive as failings does absolutely nothing. We each need to make sure that we are doing what we are called to do and stop worrying about what our brother is called to do (John 21:20-22). Do you feel called to change the entertainment industry? Go for it. But don't turn around to your brother and say "why haven't you done this?" It isn't our place to accuse our brethren in such a manner.

You are correct when you say I should go out and work for it but even if I did I couldn't do it alone. I've wanted good comics, TV series, movies and games all written with a Christian worldview but I've not found them (so we end up watching things made 30 to 70 years ago). Even if I just made a game it would only be one and we need far more. We should encourage Christians with the ability to make these things to apply their faith to them. There should be as you said a "demand" and to create one you cannot be silent. Thus I'm trying to encourage people to do it.

To bring this back to topic, somewhat XD, if people can write stories that support homosexuality we can write stories against it. I wouldn't expect it to be accepted outright but there was also a time when homosexual stories were not. If they did it so can we.

Last edited:
Everyone.......please please please............can we keep the prayer area for prayers and praises and take the discussion elsewhere? I'm pretty sure we can agree that as a whole, the US and all Christians, can use any and all prayers to become more Christ-like and have God's Will be done. Personally I KNOW God has a perfect timing for all things as long as we remember to keep Him first and foremost in our hearts and lives.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Everyone.......please please please............can we keep the prayer area for prayers and praises and take the discussion elsewhere? I'm pretty sure we can agree that as a whole, the US and all Christians, can use any and all prayers to become more Christ-like and have God's Will be done. Personally I KNOW God has a perfect timing for all things as long as we remember to keep Him first and foremost in our hearts and lives.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Sorry someone asked me something so I had to reply. I actually feel the same way as I had a long spiel in my original post and thinking it unnecessary deleted it.

Back