Pray For my Father, Please

TheSpyBeetle

My Father was just recently diagnosed with a very rare and untreatable condition known as ALS. If you don't know what it is, it is an autoimmune disease in which the nervous system slowly shuts itself down. Currently, my father has completely lost the use of one of his legs, and the other leg is well on its way to being the same, unfortunately. He is using a wheel chair to get around the house, as he can get tired very, very quickly, to the point now where any prolonged psychical exertion at all will warrant a long afternoon rest.
-
This disease is very hard for him, as he used to be a very active person. His profession is gospel music, meaning he has to be out on the road for a long period of time. Needless to be said, he'll have to quit that field of work very soon. However, he has managed to keep a very lighthearted and happy attitude about this all, proclaiming boldly that if this condition can turn unsaved people to Christ, the suffering is worth it. I'm very proud of him, and the rest of my family for staying strong thus far.
-
In short, I would love it if some of you can pray for my Father. Not just that he would be healed, but that his story would impact others, no matter if he is healed or not. Prayer for my family would be nice as well, that we will stay strong, as I find that my mother is taking this very hard.
-
I thank those of you who have read over this, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

For those who do not know Spy Beetle has been playing on our TF2 server.

I pray for your father's healing, that Christ would shine his light through him and that your family may endure and draw closer to each other and Christ in this difficult time. Amen.

I don't know how I missed this post I saw you online Tuesday but didn't see the post until now in spite of my regular forum checks. Ah well better late than never :) .

For those who do not know Spy Beetle has been playing on our TF2 server.

I pray for your father's healing, that Christ would shine his light through him and that your family may endure and draw closer to each other and Christ in this difficult time. Amen.

I don't know how I missed this post I saw you online Tuesday but didn't see the post until now in spite of my regular forum checks. Ah well better late than never :) .

Thank you for getting to this. I was beginning to wonder if I had done something wrong! Thank you for your prayers as well. I have no doubt that God has divine power. Whether my father lives by my heavenly Father's intervention, or doesn't, my earthly father, my family, and I, will not stop praising his Holy name, and boldly speaking out the truth, loving others unconditionally. Praise be to Him!

Once again, thank you for your prayers.

You are stronger than you think. I can read it in your words.
You know it's written: "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world." It is also written we are to "Be in this world, not of it." Although "He" is greater than the enemy, greater than bad people and greater than the world itself, "He" is also greater than you since you are in the world and not of it.
My prayers for strength, wisdom and continued family unity go up for you.
Peace!

Back