Prayer for brother in law

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
My brother-in-law was struggling with 20/200 vision in both eyes and needed cataract surgery. Well he had the surgery on one eye and that eye now has basicilly no vision left, just light and shapes. So many floaters he has to wear a patch in order to not distract the one eye left with 20/200. So they are going to try laser surgery to restore vision in the worst eye. He is dealing with the blindness fairly well but I would like prayer that the surgery restores his sight in that eye. Also my better half is beginning to lose her sight to Fuchs Corneal Distrophy and needs prayer. She can still see mostly well enough to drive, but even glasses don't correct for reading and distance now. She has recently had a brief crying spell over the loss, but is beginning to adjust. We just didn't know that when we adopted children with visual impairments that one of us would wind up also going blind. Long story short, need prayer for both brother-in-law and better half for deteriorating vision.

The first laser surgery was a miserable failure which only increased the problem. Then a few days after surgery his pressure jumped in the 50's, which they relieved immediately. Now everything is on hold until they can stabilize his eye pressure.

Another surgery today. As my BiL put it, they took a shop-vac to his eye and tried to get all of the crud out. He just called us, the surgeon had a tougher time than expected, but where he can peek around the bandage a little my brother-in-law can see color this time. We will know more tomorrow.

Sounds like God is doing answering in His way and His time. Good to hear things seem a bit better.

Blessings and Hugs,

The shop-vac treatment was a success. Now to wait and see how much vision actually returns during recovery. He can see out of that eye now and the actual level of vision he will know in about a week. God is awesome in how He guides Drs.

Have they determined what level of vision he has? Just curious as to if the results have come in yet.

Only thing I have heard is the vacuumed eye is at least 20/200, which is a quantum leap over where it was prior to the procedure. I will check later today or tomorrow and verify level of vision.

Only thing I have heard is the vacuumed eye is at least 20/200, which is a quantum leap over where it was prior to the procedure. I will check later today or tomorrow and verify level of vision.

Thank you Jesus :) .

Wait, how on earth did I miss a thread about someone getting a vacuum to the eye?

Praying, sir. :)

Actually they decided not to suck out the garbage, but remove a part of the eye. He can now see well enough to drive. The Drs are ready to do the second eye, he isn't quit ready.

Actually they decided not to suck out the garbage, but remove a part of the eye. He can now see well enough to drive. The Drs are ready to do the second eye, he isn't quit ready.
Oof. Sorry to hear they removed part of the eye, but glad to hear that he can see to drive now. I feel a bit tacky now for making light of it, though. My apologies. :(

Back