Prayer Trifecta

Kahiel

I have three requests tonight.

First my brother-in-law Allen. Trying to make a long story short... He grew up in the church, but during college he has turned his back on his faith. He's in his late twenties and had a couple of bad relationships. He met a "girl" via an on line dating service who was supposedly serving in Afghanistan. Suddenly last week she claimed she was in some kind of trouble and he got slapped with a $1,500 bill. He refused to pay and the "girl" vanished like smoke in the wind. He still thinks she's real. Either way he was very hurt. On top of that, he's met another on line girl. One who supposedly lives in the same town... We have been trying to encourage him to find a church near by and meet a nice girl there. Pray for healing, and for God to set his feet on the right path.

This next one is hard. A couple I've gotten to know over the last few months lost their young adult daughter today. They play in a band who has performed at our church a few times and they have been helping with our community youth group. He daughter was shot to death by he boyfriend after he chased her down this morning. Obviously the family is hurting right now. (I don't know the daughter's standing with God either.)

The last one is for me. I've been out of work for a long time now (years, not months) and what job's I've tried for have had the doors very firmly slammed in my face. I started "working" at the church a little over a year ago. I stopped digging around for other jobs after I got some pretty convincing messages from God that I was where He wanted me. With everything that's happened this year (my wife's illness, some very difficult revelations) I'm not sure I was hearing his voice right. (I am also very insecure so I am constantly doubting my abilities and my calling.) Please pray for clarity for me. That if it is time for me to move on, that God makes that clear or if he want's me to stay here he makes that clear also.

I'm praying for all of these things.

As for you, know that the most difficult revelations are often times the best. They are hard for us, but He has a plan. If we are willing to allow His will to be done in our lives, then we just need to trust that He knows what He is doing.

Have no insecurity, because you're an Image Bearer of God! Allow the Holy Spirit to move through you and you won't need to worry about "your" abilities.

Don't doubt your calling because you've gone through hard times. Instead embrace them. We aren't called to live an easy life, and when we are doing what we are called to do, our lives tend to be pretty hard. The enemy doesn't like when you're doing God's will, and he will do what he can to try and make you have doubt. Trust in the Lord and continue to pray unceasingly.

Stand strong.

Back