Prayer, Uncle

Pheonix28

Slave to Christ.
Howdy Y'all.

Just found out last night that my uncle has stage 3 prostate cancer. It's all under wraps, we're not supposed to know. Please pray for him, for healing, peace, comfort. Also please pray for the family, his family and ours. I know his kids are having a rough time with it. When I saw him on Christmas he just didn't look like himself and now it's all clear.

Thanks.

My dad survived prostate cancer and my wife's grandfather died from it at around the same time. My prayers are with you and your family.

Just an update, my cousin posted this on facebook a few days ago.

I wasn't sure how I would respond if I was told the smartest, fastest, strongest and toughest person I know would soon be fighting for his life...... I just cried like a 10 year old boy who lost his childhood pet. Once I collected my thoughts I began researching all possible conditions, treatments, prognosis, etc. of course my personal knowledge was not helping. We had to light him up like a Christmas tree to get a better idea what we were up against. Once everything had been resulted we were very happy to be fighting cancer that has not spread beyond the prostate. (Yeap, I cried again) We have made the decision to have the surgery and get it removed. Pre Op consult tomorrow. Dad, I love you more than I could express and I will be right beside you through everything. I have a few kids who are ready for many more years with the absolute best PawPaw on earth too.

---note my cousin was a RN

Last edited:
The treatments they have for prostate cancer today are amazing. When my dad had it, surgery wasn't an option. He had to endure chemo and radiation therapy. Praise God that his cancer is operable.

Update:

Praise God! He had the op yesterday and he is now cancer free! The cancer did not spread. Praise God! Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Please pray that he has a quick recovery.

Back