PvP Friday - 3Nov06

PvP build for Friday 3Nov06

• Redistribute Attributes to improve ViM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Altogether different build (requires thread post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
I know people want to stay with trappers for the time being. That is ok with me, but I think we should make some changes for tonight. We'll plan for now on going with a 3 trapper, 2 D/W ViM Earth, 1 P/W Support build.

Options:

1) Make ViM more effective by moving a point in expertise to 3 additional in tactics - gives more health and energy when you use ViM, but makes all skills cost slightly more energy. Spirit select is still a problem to not hurt the dervishes.

2) Change to R/Me resolve trappers. Build would replace whirling defense with Mantra of Resolve. ViM would be replaced by Spike Trap {Elite} and spirit would be replaced by Troll Unguent. This makes the trapper more self sufficient and less interruptable and adds the knock-down of Spike Trap, but looses the instant bonus from ViM.

3) Change the build entirely - need further suggestions here. This poll option will be counted only with a post suggesting a particular build or reference to something posted.

The poll will be public so that I we can accurately count actual participant's votes. Your vote will only be counted if you are in the guild hall at 9:45pm EST tonight to set up to start playing (pushing enter mission) at 10:00pm EST.

I think the Paragon Healing might take away the need for ViM in the build Just protect the paragon!

Obviously I've already had a tendency to move away from VIM myself. I found that having a troll unguent providing a +10 health regen for 10 seconds is a pretty good alternate - I think generally I was as survivable as anyone else in the group, though I didn't play with any particular skill or even common sense most of the time. ;)

So yea, resolve trapping makes us much less interruptible, plus we can all spike trap, which can really have an effect with Brambles.

Paul

Resolve sounds good. I might even BE there, since I don't have a soccer game tomorrow and I get to stay up a wee bit later...

If it's at 10 EDT then I'll be there (half an hour from the time of this post) and I call one of the trapper spots :)

Well that didn't work...

That's how it went. :p

We got hit REALLY hard by a Hero/Hench group and found out the hard way that using heroes for trapping in HoH does NOT work. We then got more people on and then went again but after a heroic effort by everyone and even DZ, with months of PVP training and experience, well, to put it lightly... we got our butts whooped. But we didn't have a paragon like we had planned, either, so technically we weren't doing the same build mentioned here... we had 3 dervishes and 3 trappers. So that could have been a big thing with healing...

and then I left, but I think we are going to try Minion factory again, only with two teams of 3 each with a resmer, saccer, and MM so we could still have 20 minions. In the words of DZ, "MF is still feasable."

Back