"Raid" in Stormwind

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
This was so awesome.

I have no idea how or why it happened, but I think Blizzard was testing out something...

Little by little I hear over the general chat channel that there's a raid on Stormwind.  As anyone knows, to raid Stormwind requires a huge army of high level horde characters...
Well, I summon my mount and start patrolling the city, but I cannot find where this huge army is.  I check all the districts, I briefly checked the canals, and I checked the gates and the Valley of Heroes - all came out to be nothing; no sign of the Horde  
But people are still clearly talking about it - I'm beginning to think it's a joke or a prank or something.  I turn a corner leaving the trade district and head into the canals when I see two level 61 elite 'felguard' demons terrorizing the city.  Bodies are everywhere, and no one is there to stop them.  Passerby's are killed right there on the spot, and no one knows who brought the demons upon us, nor how they got in the city to begin with (in fact, I was beginning to think it was me, because I just discovered a room deep in the Warlock training area and stepped on this thing called a 'summoning circle' down in the basement - but I honestly have no idea if I started it or not; in fact I doubt I did).

I took some screenshots of it, and I'll have it posted up soon.  One thing that really surprised me was there was very little lag towards the end of the battle.  Also, after we defeated the two demons in the Valley of Heroes everyone automatically went into dance emotes - I thought that was very cool.

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy the story - I've never seen anything like it before.

Planned world events, I guess. Seems awesome, though it seems with the amount of level 60s running around, two 61 elites shouldn't be too hard.

Nah, it was during the day and hardly anyone was on. The sixties just appeared out of nowhere, so I'm guessing they were either summoned from Ironforge, or they logged on from another lower-level character.

Back