Rate 1-10: Your opinion from Beta

10 being best, and 1 being worst, rate SW:TOR

• Total voters
Huge improvements in regards to fun in these last few beta builds. I think the game is a solid 8 for me right now. I am excited for launch.

Huge improvements in regards to fun in these last few beta builds. I think the game is a solid 8 for me right now. I am excited for launch.

Added a poll while you were posting :D

Same here - I was completely impressed this weekend. The controls felt good, quests and stories were fun, conversation options were believable and fun, and combat was a blast! The voice acting far exceeded my expectations. I am completely on board, and will be cancelling my WoW sub before release date.

Last edited:
8 sounds about right to me too. I was sitting at about a 4 until I got to level 10, but then the game started to get fun. I rushed through the end of Coruscant the last night to get to my spaceship, and it really looked like things were gonna get good then. Got a little taste of space combat.

8 sounds about right to me too. I was sitting at about a 4 until I got to level 10, but then the game started to get fun. I rushed through the end of Coruscant the last night to get to my spaceship, and it really looked like things were gonna get good then. Got a little taste of space combat.

That's about as far as I got on my furthest character. I got the ship about half an hour before beta ended :p

Sure, it's missing some features (better tutorials for one), and some planet layouts could be better so it's not such a chore to run around, but overall, I enjoyed most of the beta. The talent trees looked a bit meh at first, but I'm fine with them not totally dictating your playstyle like other MMOs. I did like two of the three PVP maps (I loathed Huttball), and PVP felt balanced compared to WoW/WAR. I just love the combat. It feels much more alive and the animations are incredible.

Anyways, pre-ordering for sure. Rolling Operative (Healer) main because I enjoyed the class mechanics tons and a Marauder (Carnage) alt because it reminds me of a Slayer from WAR. Looks like Bioware tweaked the Maruader/Sentinel since I last tried them out, took away neat abilities, but gave them a mechanic that lets them buff the party with damage, heals, or speed/defense. BH's Pyrotech tree in the Powetech role was a lot of fun, but I didn't care for the BH story in the slightest. Maybe as a second alt... :p

I really don't see any opinion I do not disagree with, aside from one quest that was glitched my wife and I really enjoyed the beta. Even in the state the game is currently in I would play it over Wow any day. But maybe that is just becaue I am fed-up with Wow.

Added a poll while you were posting :D

Same here - I was completely impressed this weekend. The controls felt good, quests and stories were fun, conversation options were believable and fun, and combat was a blast! The voice acting far exceeded my expectations. I am completely on board, and will be cancelling my WoW sub before release date.

YEAH! I'm not the only one leaving WoW! And I see a really familiar face that's going to play with me!

YEAH! I'm not the only one leaving WoW! And I see a really familiar face that's going to play with me!

I sort of left WoW for this too. I stopped playing WoW a little over a month ago, but the primary reason why I left is because of TOR. At that point I had already gotten to try the beta and I knew I like this game better than I like WoW. On the poll I gave TOR a 9 because I really love the game and it is giving me almost exactly what I had hoped for, but of course it isn't quite perfect.

I had a lot of fun playing this over the weekend. I didn't get a chance to play on Friday, otherwise I would have leveled a couple of toons a bit higher. I got an Imperial Agent to 8 and a Trooper to 7. I also rolled a Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Counselor.

I'm looking forward to replacing Aion with SWTOR. I've enjoyed the graphics quality and storyline of Aion, but it doesn't compare to the voice acting and cinematics of SWTOR. I may even hold off getting GW2 (if it ever comes out...lol).

"8" I would give it a 10 if the bugs i saw didn't happen as often as they did. I had a period of time when the bugs of getting stuck and a bunch of map bugs that were reported by others that took logging out to character select to clean up.

However the Flash point get a "15" on this scale. The Black Talon flash point was one of the most fun things I have done in a MMO in along time. In fact it was so much fun that I did it twice and WOW the story actually changed some because of the social roll went to someone who made a different decision then the 1st time I went in.

I'm giving it a 9.. I would have put a 7 with the beta I played back in July, but I noticed a change (And I also have a new gaming rig too so that probably skewed some numbers)..

I only played to lvl 15. I played a sith Sorcerer.. I"m still up in the air on what class I should play.. But, I was really addicted to PVP.. I think they did a good job with their warzone's.. Especially with that football like warzone (Which noone knew how to pass the ball, hah!)

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys soon and I'll probably take the day off when we finally get access.. I've been waiting for this game for 3 years!!!!

Hated it when I played it... but maybe it's changed... I didn't think it added anything to the MMO design... what talking quests? Been done. Battle was not what I was expecting and I think other MMOs have done a better job.

The only think I enjoyed was that I could be any role as any class.

The final thing that worries me is End Game... Think that is the area where a game is successful or a failure.

Last edited:
Hated it when I played it... but maybe it's changed... I didn't think it added anything to the MMO design... what talking quests? Been done. Battle was not what I was expecting and I think other MMOs have done a better job.

The only think I enjoyed was that I could be any role as any class.

The final thing that worries me is End Game... Think that is the area where a game is successful or a failure.

When did you play it? It has changed a LOT in the last few months, which is hardly surprising given that it was in limited beta testing that whole time. I'm not aware of any other MMO that has really done the whole personal story thing, but maybe my experience hasn't been broad enough. As for the combat, I agree that it isn't exactly revolutionary. I thought it was at least as good as the combat in WoW, though, so it was good enough in my opinion.

I can understand the concern about end game, but I don't think anyone can really say anything about that yet. I kind of get the feeling that you really didn't give the game much of a chance, especially since you CAN'T play any role as any class. Every class can perform multiple roles, but only half of the classes can perform all three of the main roles. Even those classes have their choices narrowed down to one of two roles once they choose their advanced class at level 10.

I gave it a 9. It was thoroughly enjoyable and all ifs ands or buts aside, it looks to be very promising.

I have to give it an honest 10. I love RPG games and this is the first MMO that really feels like it is a story with MMO capability, while other MMOs are MMOs that have some story in them.

Not sure which ewok told you that, but it wasn't me. My opinion of it started about a 5 or 6 and worked up to an 8 with the last beta build.

Back