Recruiting

rhematom

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Galacti
I am wanting to start a membership drive and will be posting on some forums. We currently have three officers that can recruit, and I want them to please be aware that in order to qualify, players must be members of ToJ. So if anyone requests a guild invite, be get their ToJ member name and put it in the Player Notes.

If they are not a member, direct them to the guild site (calledtothelight.com) with instructions to join ToJ. Once they are a member, they can request a guild invite.

Do you want to make a "request to join" thread where they can put their ToJ name and IGN name? It works for us in Guild Wars, little different mechanic in ToR, but maybe it'll work too.

Do you want to make a "request to join" thread where they can put their ToJ name and IGN name? It works for us in Guild Wars, little different mechanic in ToR, but maybe it'll work too.
Yes, that would be a good idea. I'd also like to see a "Introduce Yourselves" thread so we can match game names with ToJ and/or real names. Both should be stickies.

Oh, and also the forum name should be changed from "Galactic Republic Guild General" to "Called to the Light General"

Any suggestions on where to post for recruiting, other than SWTOR Forums? I am not a member of a lot of places, but I could create accounts if needed. Also, if anyone has a place to post, let me know.

Does anyone want to post on MMORPG? I don't have an account there. I suppose I could make one, but I really don't use that site.

If you do post there Rhematom, I would suggest posting something in this thread as well for Tek and the rest of us. I know you're already familiar with it, but just a reminder :)
Note: Non-ToJ staff will not be able to view the link.

Well, I made an account and tried to post on MMORPG, and the post was flagged as spam. I am not a member of many sites, so I would really appreciate anyone helping me find sites that we can post recruiting messages on.

Anyone know why this would be called spam?

What was the content of your post? Is there a contact page to get in touch with an admin to find out why? It could be because you have a brand new account?

Very interesting. There were three links in the post, two to toj.cc and one to the guild web site, calledtothelight.com. I removed one of the toj.cc links and tried again, this time it worked. I guess if you have the same link more than once, they think it is spam. lol :)

Good post. Hopefully trolls won't show up. I'm not sure how bad mmorpg.com is regarding trolls. It was really bad on the Aion forums.

Back